Minor/Repaint: Universe Powermaster Darkwing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by draven3410, Aug 22, 2016.

1. draven3410

draven3410 Member

So with titan masters all the rage right now and only having this figure a few months, he needed an upgrade. So here is my Universe Darkwing, upgraded with the renderform nightshade head (epic kit, well worth the price) and weapons and a custom powermaster Throttle made from R.I.D. divebomb. He's side by side in a few pics with my Darkwing from when i was a kid.

The renderform kit is a kit of beauty. The head has a purple transparent visor so the lights are still visible. And it is so much like the 80s head its epic. The guns are solid and very much like the originals too. I got 88/100 of his final run of this kit so if you thought it was gone and missed the other runs then hurry!

Divebomb/Throttle got a small piece glued to his back from a gundam so he can attach to Darkwing where the original weapon would go in plane mode. He can stay in that location when Darkwing is transformed too! Instead of being an engine, he is now either a missile or sensor pod.

Also - does anyone know how to attach pictures? I've attached the ones of him standing 4 times, with them being rotated differently each time before uploading!

Attached Files:

2. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats a very clever idea

3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Very nice, but if his partner isn't an engine, is he still a Powermaster?

4. draven3410

draven3410 Member

ah...hmmm.... I dunno to be honest :eek: . Probably not as he is.
    Unless not-Throttle give Darkwing extra power by making him more streamline?

I found this on TFwiki.net so this is what I'm going with for my custom :) 
    When non-toxic fuel sources are available, a Powermaster partner can also function as a power booster or turbo accelerator, giving the Transformer he is bonded to a surge of additional power for increased strength or speed in dangerous situations. This benefit allows a Powermaster to be much faster or stronger than most normal Transformers for brief periods of time.

5. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

Don't mind primalxconvoy.he feels the need to make some comment that is kinda pointless like pointing out when someone forgets to rotate their pics.you did and excellent job here.the colors are pretty spot on.plus the use of the minicon was ingenious.look forward to seeing more of your work

6. draven3410

draven3410 Member

Thanks Grimlockprime!
    I don't mind a bit of banter, but he did get me thinking about the powermaster thing.

I'm doing a few other customs at the minute but I'm going sooooo slow on them :eek: 
    I'll post them up soon as work in progress once I figure the photo rotation issue I'm having!