Universe or Henkei Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimal Primus, Dec 15, 2009.

?

Henkei or Universe

1. Henkei

60 vote(s)
    67.4%
  2. Universe

29 vote(s)
    32.6%
  1. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    I'm trying to decide between universe and henkei but just can't come up with a decision. I like henkei ratchet's color scheme, though I'm still torn.

2. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    The "Spark Blue" on the Hasbro version is not as nice looking as the darker Henkei blue. Same for Ironhide.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    If it helps, the only major change is that there's less black and more white on the Henkei version. I would go with Henkei, but if money's an issue, the Universe version is a solid toy too.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Henkei. That one was a no-brainer for me. Much nicer with the dominantly white scheme.

The only reason I bought a Universe Ratchet was to swap the slide-plates in the chest with my Universe Ironhide.

5. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

If you can afford it, go with Henkei. But if not, the universe version is not bad either, and at the very least, doesn't suffer from the blue face syndrome that universe Ironhide does. And ofcourse, he does have that cool "Help us" license plate.

6. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    henkei gets my vote. Here is a pic of mine. I know he is mistransformed but I like him better this way. Makes him taller too. I swapped out the hands and bumper with a universe Ironhide.

Attached Files:

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm with this. Henkei looks better to me, but the Universe one isn't a bad substitute if money's an issue. Of course, since you're asking, I imagine that price isn't a factor. :) 

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universe. With rare exceptions (Megatron), Henkei isn't worth the extra price and the chrome looks godawful.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I like the universe version. The emergency light looks better and I like the License plate.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Honestly it just comes down to which color scheme YOU like. If you like the Henkei version get that, but if price is a consideration I'd get the Universe version since it's cheaper and it's not like the figure is all that great anyways

11. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'm a big proponent of the Henkei line. But I'm not a fan of the Ratchet/Ironhide mold. However, if you like the Henkei version and have the money for it, then go for it.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I voted Universe. Why pay more money for the same exact toy? Though if money's not an issue and you like the Henkei version, go for that one.

13. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Henkei. It's the better Ratchet for sure.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    It's more than just that. The Henkei has darker red, they have different stripes on the side of the vehicle, the Henkei has a dark gray crest and the Universe red, the Universe has a red weapon with a blue blade while the Henkei has a chrome weapon with a red blade, the headlights are chrome on the Henkei but clear blue on the Universe, the gun barrel on the Henkei is painted gray and not painted on the Universe one, the Universe figure has a weird pattern on the hood of the car not on the Henkei one, the Universe one has a black upper chest behind his window while the Henkei has it painted silver, the windows on the Universe version are Allspark blue while the Henkei is dark metallic blue, Universe Ratchet has the yellow vanity plate while the Henkei's is blank and dark gray, and they use completely different molds for the emergency lights (Universe is light blue and the same as Universe Prowl's while the Henkei one used a new mold which was later used for Henkei Red Alert).

Basically everything, in my opinion, on the Henkei is better except the vanity plate and perhaps the striping in truck mode.

Get the Henkei if you have the choice.

Check this image for a robot mode comparison
    http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq116/Peaugh/Random/DSCF0349.jpg

Randy

Attached Files:

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Universe, no contest. The Henkei version isn't worth the increase in price, and the chrome just ruins it, imho.

16. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    This was my toughest decision of this type. I have a pretty good mix of universe and henkei, but for Ratchet the Universe one seemed more vibrant. I chose it end the end.

17. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I much prefer the whiter of the Henkei, I don't like the black on the classic one.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    IMO, the only plus to the Henkei version is the more consistent blue colors on the windows. The universe version is superior in all other regards.

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    even though i dont like the heavily chromed gun on the henkei version, the paint apps with much more white just looks better and.. well, more G1 ratchet.. its one of the few henkei figures i picked over the universe 2.0 version

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Henkei.