Customs: Universe Onslaught Hands

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Boggs6ft7, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone know a good scale of hands to us on Universe Onslaught? I want to give him articulated hands.

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Not sure of the exact size or scale, but for my (TRU Voyager-sized) Galvatron custom I did a year and a half ago, I've gone back and used hands from an old Master Grade Gundam kit I built around 2000/2001 (if I'm remembering correctly). They fit well on that Voyager Energon Megatron from the TRU two-pack and Onslaught is roughly that same size (maybe just a bit bigger/taller). If those don't work, maybe a cast of the MP Optimus Prime or MP Starscream hands (I know Ptitvite had some MP Prime hands at one point).

Also, Toby (Alphamagnus) used some MP Prime hands on his Energon Megatron (Leader size). I'm just not sure what would fit and be more "in-scale". I have MP Prime boxed, Onslaught in the middle of my Combaticons/Bruticus project, and Galvatron being re-visited (the 3 of 'em aren't all together in one spot--otherwise, I could check the scale and let you know what might work better). I do know that Onslaught's mits are pretty large, so maybe the MG Gundam hands or MP Prime hands can work to help give you some articulation.

Good luck with it, man--let us know what you go with (and maybe someone else here can offer some other suggestions that might be better).

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Wouldn't alt hands work? Then again, maybe he's looking for a little more articulation.

4. Boggs6ft7

Thanks, I'll check those out.

I think those might be a little small, but you're right, I would like a little more articulation than those.

5. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  6. Boggs6ft7

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I used 1/60 scale Strike Gundam hands on my Classics Shockwave from the Universe Onslaught mold, and they looked great, IMO. I had a hard time with drilling the hole to put int the sockets got the ball joints because of the stem for the screw, but as far as size goes, it was just fine, man. :thumb 

8. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
  9. Boggs6ft7

Does anyone make a repo of that? or is there a place you can buy single sets?