Universe Octane

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticusPrime, Dec 19, 2009.

1. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmmm...i always thought they were suppoesed to be smokestacks..figured that out the first day.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, those holes are in just the right spot and aren't used in the other modes. It explains the size, shape and quantity of Octane's guns.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

This never occurred to me. Gotta get this guy out and check it out...

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My feeling on him is that he sucks EXACTLY as much in comparison to the rest of the Classics figures as G1 Octane sucked in relation to the rest of the G1 figures of the same era...pretty much in the same ways...pretty much for the same reasons.

I love the character though, so I'm happy to have him holding his rightful place of "Kinda vaguely cool, but only in the weakest reflected glory sort of way" in my classics collection :) 

So, in short, he's a perfect homage in every way, even more than a few unintended ones :lol 

D/L

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah, I do that sometimes when I'm messing around with him.

6. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like him. The shield staff thing appeals to my taste...in my classics universe, he is a warlord who is a fuel horder. Dunno why, makes him cooler in my book. I like his truck mode.

7. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

The smokestacks look is better on the Henkei version, since the guns are chromed. I always assumed that it was intentional also. Although I also think the truck is loosely based on the HEMTT M978 (very loosely), but I don't think the fact that that vehicle doesn't have smokestacks disproves it being intentional. I'm sure the designers wouldn't be above sticking in a nod to the G1 alt mode, even if it doesn't fit the type of truck that it's supposed to be. And you have the option of doing both anyway.