Minor/Repaint: Universe Megatron arm replace G1 colour

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DMcB360, Nov 20, 2009.

1. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

as shawdy as the universe leader 2 pack was i didnt have many G1 themed megatrons at the time so i loped off his helicopter rottor canon/flap claw. i used a joint from an enrgon yellow scout jeep guy whos name escapes me.

also what seems a bit astounding to me is that all his colouring was done with a silver sharpie and black fine tip marker

Attached Files:

2. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

That looks pretty good for a silver sharpie. I originally thought maybe you drybrushed it on or something.

3. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

thats pretty good for sharpie does it stay on good?

4. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

See if there is a macro setting on your camera, should help with the focus on the "close up" pictures.

Other than that, good job. It always bugged me he didn't have a second hand. Nice to see you gave him one.

5. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

It is all silver sharpie and i does stay on GREAT but ALL the oil has to dry off and when i did it the colour smudged off and edges would where off easily but after he has sat on a shelf for like.. a year, the colour is now set. one thing i now thoroughly enjoy about sharpies and detail work (even tho the black has a purple tinge) oh also cuz i have zero painting skills.

my warthog custom already has silver sharpie on his left shoulder and chest where the silver finish is not. works great.