Heavy/Scratch: Universe Kup - WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, Oct 22, 2009.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    First off, I gotta thank Ninos (WheelJack @ S70) for hooking me up with some G1 Kup parts for this. I already had a Kup planned out using the body of a Universe Sunstreaker and these parts changed my original plans just a bit (you'll see in the images below). I know some of you saw that painted up Energon Towline head on top of Sunstreaker's body in some WIP shots of mine in recent months. Well, I'm still using it, but in a different (and better) way. I shaved down the sides of the Energon Towline head, making it thinner. Then, I took two junker G1 Kup heads, hollowed out the helmets and pieced them together over the Energon Towline head. The face gave off a Kup vibe, but still did't quite look like him (still looked too young). So I took my old hobby knife and carved some old age lines in his face, tweaked the helmet a bit and made it fit better over the Towline head, and glued it all together. Once that dried, I took my dremel to the backside of the head and cut off the helmet crest and tried to flatten it a bit. After that, I took my old junker Sunstreaker (the one that I was using as a WIP for Sideswipe when I re-did a G1-styled head for him over a year ago--some of you might remember). Anyway, I cut the chest up, keeping the wheel/arm hinges in-tact so that the transformation is still the same as the Sunstreaker mold. I took some of the G1 Kup parts and set it over it for these shots. Still a huge WIP, but I'll shave down the Sunstreaker hood to fit under the Kup hood more and I'll need to cut away some of the die-cast over the shoulders and neck area to make things work the way I need them to. I also cut the G1 leg above the knee to see how it would look on this and I believe it will work out great, so for now, I'm sticking with the G1 lower legs, the G1 chest/backpack, and the Sunstreaker body, arms, and legs down to the knee. Even I thought I was crazy to see Kup in the Sunstreaker mold, but it honestly works (so far, anyway). This one has been pushed back a bit while I try to finish up on Galvatron, but hopefully I'll get this one done soon after.

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

This is going to be nice!

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very cleaver. Would really like to see this finished.

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Awesome,can't wait to see it finished.

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that's awesome bro. that head looks great. cant wait to see him finished

6. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Brilliant. Just brilliat.

7. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

that is looking very nice.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good lord that head is perfect. Nice to see something new come from the sunstreaker mould.

9. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I like the head a lot an can't wait to see more. I've always thought Kup was under-appreciated. Hated the spot-light IDW did but liked him in AHM. Anyway, looking good so far.

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks GREAT thus far

11. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Who would have known, Kup from a Sunstreaker? But it's working. This is turning up to be my favorite custom. Can't wait to see this done.

12. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Wow! I'm working on one myself for Lotusouljah and I can only hope mine comes out this good!

13. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    make a cast of that head and send it to hasbro for future use

14. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

THANK GOD! This is the first custom Kup head that actually looks good! In fact it looks great! I'm so excited to see how this comes out.

15. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is a really cool idea. Kup is one of my favorite characters so I can't wait to see how this'll turn out.

16. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Thanks, Satomiblood! I hope so--seems like a lot of people wouldn't have seen a Kup from this mold, which is exactly what pushed me do it. I wanted to do something others haven't so far.

Thanks, OMEGAPRIME1983! You and me both, man.

Thanks, man!

Thanks, bro! Is it just me or is there a recurring theme here? Are you guys telling me to get off my rear and finally FINISH something? ;)  lol (I have way too many WIP projects)

Thanks, man--glad you like it!

Thanks, yf!

Thanks! Glad you like the head and I agree--it's great seeing how versatile this mold can be (and has been). It's starting to gain on the Classics Mirage mold's uses.

Thanks, man! I agree, AHM Kup was awesome. I've always wanted to do a Kup, but I wasn't pushed to do it until seeing a friend's early concepts and that AHM series (and TomServo's Kup customs).

Thanks!

I've heard quite a few comments saying the very same thing--no one thought of using Sunstreaker for Kup. I wanted to do something cool, yet unique and something that hadn't been done before. Thanks and I'm glad you like it, bro!

Thanks, spoonman! I'm sure your Kup will turn out great--you do great work and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do, man.

lol--if only they'd use it. I thought the Botcon head looked decent, but he looked way too young, so it didn't interest me.

Thanks, man! The head was one tough little piece to cut and assemble just right without looking like a giant helmet on a small head. lol

Thanks, man--glad you like it!

17. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

NICE, I really like the head the most, totally screams Kup. Actually, the thing I like the most is how different this is, this is a fresh idea, at least to me! I wish you all the best in working with it because Kup just kicks so much ass.

18. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

SHH dammit Allen! :D  it's all good, all love here! Yeah, hXcpunk's pretty sick right now, it's going to be so good when completed!

19. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Nice work so far. I love Kup so I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress.

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This isn't even finished and I think it's the best Custom Kup out there.