Minor/Repaint: Universe Ironhide (yes, another one)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TENIME_art, Nov 16, 2008.

1. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Yes, another one.

My first one wasn't modded so well. Just proves what I already knew - I'm not good at figuring out mechanics.

This is my second one, following this mod. (Though, I didn't do the spine mod, because I'd already done...)

...this leg swap, to make him a little taller.

Then, I proceeded to rotate his crotch further, making him even more taller (yeah, I know, not gramatically correct).

The problem was, he was just a spine between chest & hips. So, I pulled the bumper back down and replaced the cow-catcher (I'd taken it off). I like how it fills more in now.

Then, painted his face & the thing behind his head grey, and added patches of silver, to give a sort of "war-worn" look. Made his shoulders, biceps and lower thighs grey, as well.

Gave him the "screwed up" Ironhide's gun, so now he can show Sam "his cannons". :D 

Here he is with Prime and almost finished WIPs Prowl & Trailbreaker, to show off his newly acquired height.

I'm happy with him, and I'm only showing him because he's finished (though, I might paint some details on the guns). I've seen all the different kinds of things other people have done, so I don't need any "suggestions" on how to make him "better".

That said, I hope someone likes what I did.

Attached Files:

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very nice update and fixes to your first one.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it for the most part (I'm doing a similar thing myself) though I don't like how TALL the gap is between his legs and torso. I want to trim the cod piece down so it helps make that gap more manageable myself.

4. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Just a question man, did you have 2 Ironhides to give him 2 cannons to show to Sam too ?

5. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    :lol 

The first one I got, I tried modding myself (before I'd read anyone's mods), and it failed miserably.

So, yes, the "screwed up" one gave his gun to the "new & improved"...

6. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    That does bug me as well, but I'm not as good a modder as some (you, for example), which is why I probably won't attempt it.

Now, if you'd offer to do it for me... :D 

7. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice mod. I actually did the same using your trick and it looks way better than the original transformation. Thanks! Now the only thing that bothers me now are those very visible screws on his shoulders and arms. Any idea if there's solution for that?

8. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Putty. Fill the holes in, then paint over them. It doesn't bother me that much, plus I'm lazy, so I probably won't do it.

Get some Green Stuff from Games Workshop, and fill 'em in! Probably take you all of five minutes! :thumb