Minor/Repaint: Universe Ironhide touch ups

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Nov 7, 2008.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I'm sure a lot of people who received their Ironhide's have given him some badly needed touch ups. I love this figure but I've got to admit it is kind of bland. Therefore, I decided to color him up a bit.

Basically, I copied the color scheme of Henkei Ironhide meticulously. The place where his yellow stripe is, the black shoulders, the red forearms, the gray thighs, the black strip on his roof, a darker shade of blue for the windows, and of course painting his face silver. :p  I even painted his gun silver to try to match the chrome while the gatling gun got a black paint job.

I for one am quite happy with this fellow. What do you all think?

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he looks really cool, but I'm not buyin' the black shoulders at all. They seem really out of place with no other black anywhere on the figure.

3. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The stripe looks good, as does the face. I'm curious about the forearms...did you use a darker red, or did you not primer it white before painting it?

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I do confess that I forgot to primer the arms. That said, this dark shade of red is the only shade of red I have available to me out here and I don't really have the option of getting more paint colors. :banghead: