Universe ironhide running change

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Nov 15, 2010.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So i remember reading ages ago about universe ironhide having a running change where hasbro started to paint the face in silver instead of that horrible blue my question is does anyone actually have or has seen a figure with this implemented change as i have never seen an ironhide without a blue face myself

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hasbro was talking out of their ass like they always do when it comes to that stuff, the only time a running change happens when a fan finds it, if hasbro says they will do a running change they don't, and that sucks

aka it never happened

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    The above is literally not true

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    what i said is harsh, yes, but it is the truth, hasbro on record, several times, as said they are doing a running change and never do it, like the universe ironhide face fix, the only time i can think of a running change has been noticed is when it has been found in the wild at a store, not told to us by hasbro

i can not think of a single time a running change was told to us by hasbro and has actually happened

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I have never seen one posted here on the boards. So if they did it, nobody here is showing off theirs.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hasbro wanted to do a running change of Alternators Smokescreen as the "#7" driver version, like Takara's variant.

Yeaaaaah.

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    They also wanted to do a running change of Armada Wheeljack as the Micron Densetsu version. That never happened.

The only one I can think of that actually happened that they said was going to happen was the red forehead on Armada Powerlinx Hot Shot, but that only appeared in the very last cases in Canada. The amount made was so small you'd probably never even know it happened either (I didn't for a long time).

So yeah, silver face Ironhide never happened.

Randy

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Armada Hotshot's entire face was a running change. Early ones had a really gimpy looking smiling thing going on, and later ones had a more defined and serious looking mouth.

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I have the running change faction symbol Animated voyager Prime. MISB. The first release was without such a symbol on the shoulders.

Running changes do happen. Its just questionable how many of that change are actually produced and there is only so much product retailers are willing to order.

So a lot of the end of line stuff finds shelf space in close out stores like Ross, TJMax, or even Biglots.

You should go find a Animated deluxe Ironhide, Silver face. Ready to fight.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were also supposed to have a running change on Armada Wheeljack and Powerlinx Thrust, but it never happened.

They did make good with Energon Prime. The original had a mouth, and they added the faceplate. Oddly enough now the faceplate that everyone complained about is the more rare one.

11. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Jog while coloring his face with a silver sharpie. There's your running change. ;) 

12. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I was wondering if anybody ever noticed that. Every single review comlains about the mouth but I never saw any in the stores that way. It was like they all rushed out to buy the figure when it first came out to complain about it.

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I thought the mouth version was the rarest?

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, running change or not didn't matter for me. I already bought the figure. I just took a silver sharpie to it.

Then bought the Henkei. :p 

15. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want the henkei but £54 is just too much and i cant find him for less may just buy a 2nd universe do the mod to allow him to transform properley and paint the face

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No yellow ones were like that, it was a remold done for the powerlinx version.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No, there was definitely a small change to the look of the face before that. Not a huge one, but I remember all the talk about it back at the time, back when the most we knew about Powerlinx Armada toys were a "don't get your hopes up" from Orson.

The reason the Ironhide running change never happened is actually very simple - Hasbro ran out of time. He was Wave 3, Ratchet was Wave 6, Wave 4 had four new toys in it. There simply weren't enough slots available to get him out there and off shelves in time for Rather - who was a short run anyway.

Same reason for the Wheeljack running change, Hasbro just ran out of assortments to distribute it in before the line finished. Powerlinx Thrust was a totally different thing though based on the colours of Powerlinx Demolishor, Hasbro wanted to avoid having too many red toys out at once or something like that. Demolishor was late in the line as it was so there was no way to introduce red Thrust later on.

It's not Hasbro lying or misleading. It's just a victim of circumstances.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yet again, Henkei FTW.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Nope. The one I got when Armada first came out had a face that was very poorly defined; he looked almost marshmallowy. By contrast the one I have now (which was bought later) is much better defined.

20. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Thank Primus for mah Henkei! Ironhide may be old, but he doesn't have to look all sad and blue in the face about it.