Customs: Universe INFERNO height mod

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Budokhan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey Gang!

I was just curious, has anyone attempted to adjust INFERNO's height via his waist to give him a more proportionate height? Was looking at him the other day & he does seem to be a bit "off" that way.

A quick digi-chop I did in Photoshop:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

~BK

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

You sure it's Inferno that's off? See, i think his proportions look fine. It's really the chest that's throwing it off. Most transformers have a very well defined waist and hips, and this the part of the body which you interpret as the upper torso is small. Inferno's, however, is probably made of the windshield. It's just that his waist and hips are obscured by the vehicle mode shell, making the torso appear larger (it is larger in the horizontal, but not vertically).

I would think the best way to make him look better is to reposition the dark gray bit at the bottom of his truck mode's front (the little bit that folds down to cover his groin), leaving that in the position it is in vehicle mode, then finding some way to...well, make his groin area more aesthetically pleasing (wow, things i never thought i'd ever be typing...:sly2: ). Also, see about whether you could remove the lower part of the cab, and place it elsewhere. It's really the blockiness of the cab that's throwing him off. If you lengthen his legs as shown, his arms become too short (i suppose you oculd lengthen both arms and both legs, but then his entire truck mode would be longer as well).

Anyways, just my 2 cents, good luck! :) 

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

:lol 

Yeah, I think it's the bumper folding down that makes it look a bit off. If you could fold that into the torso it could look better. i'd try and mess wiht that first since that seems to be an easier fix than trying to mess with the other linkages and proportions.

Randy!

4. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

i thought about doing something like this with my grapple, but nothings wrong with grapple or infernos height its the front of the truck that makes him look a little off if you were to heighten his legs then he'd be disproportionate, and about the bumper, if you could find a way to "double fold" it so all that once you fold it down you can also fold it against his waist so it looks like his pelvic area isn't falling off