Universe Hound Wheel Pin issue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I mentioned in an earlier post that I picked up 2 Hounds tonight.

I just got around to opening one and his front wheels were soo loose they wiggled all over the place. I went ahead and opened the second one and the wheels on that one werent as bad but they are still very loose. Upon further inspection I noticed that the pins that hold the wheels on aren't pushed in all the way, giving them a huge gap to wiggle about. The back wheels aren't as bad but I remember I had this issue with a Sideswipe but a pair of vice grips to squeeze the pin further in made it all good.

Lets just say they are so loose I thought he had steering functionality LOL!

I am gonna try to find my Vice grips and try this today and will see if it works.

Anyone else ran into this?

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    The front left wheel is the loosest on mine. Doesn't bother me though. I'm not planning on driving him through anything :p 

3. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the same Bluestreak :D , i thought "cool, they added steering", then realized they were loose. I didn't noticed that the pin wasn't all the way in, i gotta check it out, it's one of the only things bad about this awsome figure.

4. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

The Pins are stubborn, they dont wanna go in without alot of forcing so becareful.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    i just opened my hound, and my right front tire is wobbly. It irked me at first, but as long as it doesn't come off, i guess it's ok.

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I noticed that all 4 with mine are that way. And I thought that it was possibly a "feature".. :lol 

I might think about pushing the pins in, but it kind of makes him rugged to have that "all wheel drive"

As for the Holo-Projector issue, if you use one of the Hasbro clear rubber bands around it, its barely noticeable, and holds the projector in place just right in robot mode on his shoulder.

7. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    wow i did not even know of this issue none of my figs have that (goes to check hound) nope all tight as hell cept the front left is a little loose but not very much.

8. Mr.ToyFan

Mr.ToyFan Well-Known Member

I agree, I think it looks cool. Let's not forget it's a army jeep-all terrain baby.