Universe Hotshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rapid_fire, Oct 4, 2008.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

For those who have seen him, I thought I would make a thread.

I think he looks better then the armada version, but I hope the back kibble stuff is mis-transformed.

not sure how much better his arms are gonna be either, lotsa kibble back there.

way better then the first one though!!

2. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Hundred times better than the first go around.

The new one actually has shoulders that move, and decent articulation. Only thing I honestly think he's missing is a redone star saber. Screw Jolt. Give Hot Shot his sword!

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen him yet but am anxious too, was he seen with Jolt? Also, how show accurate would you say he is in terms of looks & colors?

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dO HIs SHoulDeRS HuRT ANd DoES HE LIkE JaM. Seriously though does he still have those wierd shoulders and does he have a JaM accesory?

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

His shoulders are perfect, they actually work now. Don't just move sideways. Full articulation. His arms too, full articulation, not gimmicky simple my first transformer like. He's borderline prowl/Sunstreaker complexity and poseability.

As for Jam, I have no clue what you mean, but Jolt wasn't shown off, and his rear axle canon if integrated wasn't shown either. No clue if jolt will be included.
    I'd just prefer it if he had the star saber as opposed to Jolt. No clue what he will have if anything. Though a good number of deluxe's in that wave do seem to have 'partners'. At least hound and cyclonus do.

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I might get him to use in my Classics Collection.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw it, and really, he looks awesome.

No love for the character but I might get him.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He looks really good. Really the only downside atm is the kibble on his back, but even that looks as though it won't be an issue once he's properly transformed. He's pretty much show accurate withought looking too cartoony. While there weren't any pics of Jolt, we do know he's coming with Hot Shot. Doesn't look as though there will be any minicon gimmick, so Jolt might not have any minicon ports on him (a good thing, imo). The alt-mode is probably the best thing about him. It's basically a more realistic looking version of the original's alt-mode. I'm thinking about getting him to add to my Universe/Classics collection. Paint apps look really good. The dark turquiose looks really good with the yellow, and I really like how he has transparent windows. Especially since it looks as though all the windows are transparent (even the back windshield). All-in-all, he looks like one great figure.

Edit: I can definitely see this mold getting at least one repaint at some point. Not sure who, but there are a good amount of characters they could easily get out of him. Would be kinda funny to get a Smokescreen repaint out of him, though it'd have to wait till after the Smokescreen repaint of the Prowl mold was off pegs. A Rodimus repaint would also be interesting.

Edit2: I really hope the Decepticons get more toys in this line. A red repaint of Cyclons & Nighstick would be nice, and a new mold Soundwave with Laserbeak would also be nice (that way Ravage doesn't get lonely).

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I think he looks awesome but the kibble is kinda big but either way im gonna get him as I never had the first one........but from the reviews I dont think I want it

10. side_swipe

side_swipe lambo twin

someone post a pic of him!!!

11. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

:useless 

12. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree... the issue is, I think there are no pictures of him as of yet.
    I believe you had to be at Botcon or SDCC (can't remember which) to see him.

*also, this is really me just talking out my ass... I don't know for sure, I'm just assuming*

13. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

he was in the latest TFC magazine issue with dinobot and a bunch of new ones we've never seen. I dunno for sure who all was seen, I think warpath and wheelie too?

I only got to see the hot shot a friend showed me.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just a warning not to post pictures from the club as that's a big no-no.

15. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    There are pictures of Hot Shot but they are in the club magazine, which I got today. Club pictures can not be posted here but give it time.

Hot Shot really does look great. However like stated I hope the back is mistransformed. He does have a Powerlinx point on the rear of the car that you can see on his left side on the back kibble. There were a lot of great figures shown like Legends Cosmos, Warpath, Wheelie, and Rodimus.

I'm a little disappointed in Dinobot though. The waist is too small and doesn't look right. I like the upper body but the lower half needs work. The dino mode showing the robot hands on his chest sucks but maybe it is mistransformed also. If not it really isn't that big a deal since the original had the robot feet showing. I will still get him though.

16. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    After looking at Dinobot some more I see that he is mistransformed. The kibble on the side of his legs in robot mode has what looks like teeth that fold out. Also the one on his left side seems to be at a different angle so I think they twist around and the teeth like things fold around his legs in robot mode. I'm still not sure how they twist since it looks like the knee bends at that point looking at the dino mode pic but that could help make him look a lot better. It would also help if they had turned the feet around.

17. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Just got my mag today. dinobot=fail IMO but I'm not that into BW stuff. I would have considered Cheetor if he looked better

I will be getting Hot Shot but mainly just to kitbash him into someone else. His articulation is definitely Classics grade :thumb 

18. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    I want pics..

19. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I vote that when people post threads about TFCC pictures or whatnot, put a TFCC spoiler tag or notification in the thread title. That way people who are not TFCC members won't get fired up and ask for material they're not supposed to have.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i wish they'd show Hotshot already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!