Universe Hoist

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    I never have time to post FR but I love hoist so I had to jump in. ONE quick thing you can add if you care to, is THIS!
    http://www.sharecg.com/images/medium/17334.jpg
    black and yellow caution stripes on the side of the vehicle.
    otherwise real nice stuff. and nice tut alpha.
    cheers guys.

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    sweet! they look good together. you should throw in universe smokescreen and take another shot :thumbs2: 

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I personally enjoy this custom very much. Sure, it could probably use a faceplate and roof (maybe even caution stripes) but it's pretty sweet the way that it is as well.

4. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally like your choice for the Head. I never been a big fan of Hoist's G1 head.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think it's AWESOME! They look good together.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I despise mouth plates. I used what I had on hand, didn't want to go too far out of the way or into this bonus item.

haha, thanks. I can understand being lazy, I want to be lazy all the time. I want to go back to sleep right now too. lol.

Hehe, I am tightening up my production speed. Would you believe I finished another 2 customs this weekend too? Thanks again for the mod idea, it's a keeper. Would work great for a Brawn, Gears and few others as well.

Thanks

That's ok, I see Hoist ;) 

I have 9 spare TFTM kickbacks, I debated using his head, but thought the cartoony look of this one would suit the pair and thie figure in particular better.

Thanks Sabrina.

I considered the stripes, though there's hardly room for them as it is. I might add a stripe on him if I get a second today. I think those stripes "are" Hoist's trademark.

Good idea, but did enough with this auction, Thanks though!

Thanks. I think the key point I was aiming for was to make the 2 look good together.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks more like a Brawn with a semi-Hoist styled head to me. It's not bad by any stretch, just doesn't say "Hoist".

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:

Dammit! Slow down! I can't keep up with the awesomeness!

9. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice paint job F_R but that don't seem like Hoist to me. Where is his back wings and the thing on top of his head? Hoist was never a jeep. Oh yea no black and yellow stripes on the side of the vehicle.

10. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I hope I win this one Grapple and Hoist are awesome, I already mad a Trailbreaker so the Autobot Truck team would be oh so sweet lined up

11. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Very cool, the mold work for Hoist very well.

12. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    In all honesty, it isn't your best piece of work. I can see something that can be done with the mold for Trailbreaker, but not Hoist

13. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Love the fact that you redesigned the hood/windshield the way you did. The arm magnet cannon is also a win. Just so many uses for this mold.

14. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow just awsome man. that is a killer idea.

15. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I like the "Universe" spin on iit. The colors are amazing, as usual. Bonus Item=Pure Win :thumb 

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    oh wow

this is totally awesome!

<3

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I have to say that I echo some of the earlier sentiments. As usual, top notch work. However, it's sad to say it, but it almost feels redundant to praise your bashes on that basis, since you have such a consistent level of quality in your pieces (how's that for a back-handed compliment, eh? ;)  ).

It looks great, but as a character homage, it's not quite there for me. Other than the the colours and the proportions of the bot, it just doesn't say "Hoist". It's mostly the head that does it, but also the "tow truck" theme feels a bit added on to the Jeep mode, and as pointed out, the hazard stripes would be nice to have as well.

Perhaps the divergence from G1 norms would be less distracting if it weren't for the fact that Grapple is so bang-on G1. As a companion piece, Hoist doesn't quite complement Grapple as perhaps he should.

But hey... congrats on a good piece, regardless. :) 

zmog

18. struecker85

struecker85 Autobot

one word WOW!

19. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    all the people bashing you IDK why, i mean its a BONUS ITEM. SHEESH. Look @ bonus items hasblo throws in, a TRAFFIC LIGHT. This is better than a Traffic light IMO (LOL). This is not the focus figure, so its not going to be 100 G1 accurate, although its going to be really really good.

F_R for the win!

20. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    As far as I could tell after reading the whole thread, people aren't bashing him (and I think he knows that), maybe a few are more harsh in their crits but no one is saying the work is bad or being mean in anyway. If this were say a G.I. Joe custom and you gave Roadblock the head of a white guy no one would think of it as Roadblock. I know the example is pretty far out but the main point is there

When you make Stunticons, you could model them after the toys, the toy art or the cartoon, all of which are slightly to vastly different. If someone disagrees with which model you choose to use then it's more their opinion. But when you're talking about Hoist his head was pretty much the same except for having separate eyes in the toy version and having visor eyes in most other versions.

If the thing doesn't look like Hoist to most people commenting then they have the right to say so. This is a public forum and everyone who posts here should be aware that opinions are lilke a-holes, everyone has one

As far as the custom goes I'm sure no one will argue that including this custom as a bonus to the Grapple auction is pretty awesome. I personally think the work F_R has done is pretty on par with the amazingness most of his customs have. But the head just doesn't say Hoist as we've seen him in any other form. Could someone look at him as Hoist without his "battle mask" and see him, sure they could, why not? I mean Bumblebee has a battle mask why can't Hoist? I mean the head shape is off too but whatever.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.