Universe HeavyLoad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just curious, what does everyone think of Hasbros decision to make this repaint for the new Universe line?

I would've much rather preferred a straight G1 repaint. But I guess they felt they needed another Decepticon...?

I hope that if they continue voyager repaints in Universe, they at least stick to G1 repaints to fit the rest. IE; Mudflap repainted into Grapple.

Not trying to be a Geewunner but when it comes to Universe/Classics 2.0, that's what I hope for :) 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont' follow you, because if he'd been painted green, he'd have BEEN a decepticon. Also Mudflap could be hook or Grapple or Hauler.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, lemme rephrase...

Why did they make him a new character (which he is right?) instead of an update of an older character?

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Eh... I dunno. It doesn't bother me. It's sort of weird that it's a brand new character just sort of plopped in there. You'd think they would have made it, as you said, a straight G1 Quickmix repaint. Or maybe a Constructicon, since there wasn't a cement mixer in the Energon/Classics Devastator set.

But then, Cybertron Quickmix already makes a pretty decent G1 Quickmix, even if he is wearing Scoop's colors. And I understand the need to put some filler molds in Universe just to flesh out the line a bit. Personally I'm quite looking forward to "Universe Blaster".... because with a couple of custom purple-Autobot Reprolabels, he'll make a lovely Shattered Glass Soundwave. :) 

But yeah, for the most part I agree with you about keeping it to pre-existing characters. There are so many characters already in the TF mythos that it seems unnecessary to create new ones... especially in a line like Classics/Universe whose entire purpose is to provide modernized versions of older toys.

(Although I don't mind that the Classics minicons are new characters. Maybe 'cause they're so little. :) )

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    When Heavy Load was first shown, I noted that it was ironic that Cybertron Quickmix was more of a Classic than his recolor, due to him actually being named after a G1 guy. However, Heavy Load's bio sounds somewhat similar to Mixmaster, you could just pretend that's who he is. I dont mind him as a new guy, though.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd prefer new characters, but his deco is close enough to Quickmix (plus he has a minicon) that he'll just be him in my head.

He's too damn big, but I figure he got the same upgrade as Powerglide.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i actually just wish that, grindcore was a decepticon, along with heavyload, and they'd both go well together in the decepticon corner of the classics, but as of now, it's alittle lop sided, for those of us, who did NOT want to spend the high cash for a botcon exclusive set.

but since i really like the mold of both this, and blaster, i'll probably grab both :) 

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i too would love grindcore and heavyload to be decepticons instead...woulda been way better IMHO, but whatever...

i actually dont even recall heavyload's deco anymore...he just kinda looked boring enough to forget...oh well...

9. Dolza_Khyron

heavy load, looks like a mix of a g1 and g2 constructicon, he IS a decepticon, at least for now lol.

and his minicon, also, looks like a g1 decepticon.

so it would of been great if he, and grindcore were both decepticons.

but no, no they had to make grindcore an autobot :( 

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    maybe repro stickers would solve their tempory missidedness...i dont recall how big the logo's are on the figure though, i'll have to check at home tonight

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It looks like a cool enough redeco, but I'm sticking to the new molds in Classics. I don't mind myself but I understand where you're coming from with the new vs. updated character.

12. Dolza_Khyron

lol yea that was the only walmart exclusive one i was interested, until i saw that it was an autobot...

i've always felt like that mold, along with quickmix, mudflap, energon demolisher, and hoist should be repainted to constructicon colors... we might not be able to have a combiner, but at least they'd be a team, and the right colors. :)