Universe Galvatron Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chaosbringer_00, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I really like the new Galvatron and look forward to getting him. :) 

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I agree with a large portion that was said here. I'm not saying that the toys will be bad. It just feels like this line is more Universe than Classics.

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Actually, Galvatron transformed into a Laser Field Howitzer.
    Classics Galvatron transforms into a Laser Self-Propelled Howitzer. Both field and self-propelled howitzers are used today.

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's weird, after ranting non stop-since I saw the pictures, I'm kind of over it. I'll save that money and buy a great burrito. It's really nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

5. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

To those that answered my question(s): Thank you very much, I appreciate it. While I'm a little bit dissappointed to hear that Galvatron got bumped down a couple size classes, the mold looks cool enough regardless. And I never thought about the size comparison to Rodimus, that's pretty neat.

And I'm happy that he's a tank, I always thought that his G1 alt mode was kinda lame. A cannon with two little treads tacked on to the bottom never struck me as something to strike fear into the hearts (sparks?) of the enemy (admittedly, neither does a giant robot that shrinks into a little handgun). Besides, a tank basically IS a cannon on treads, just a little beefed up. Just my 2 cents, anyway.

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    No, a self-propelled howitzer is a cannon on treads. I JUST SAID THAT.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah I was a little disappointed it wasn't an ultra. Then I realized it's a toy. Plus a deluxe = $15 less that an Ultra. I rejoiced. Then I also realized I never liked Galvatron that much, so having a massive toy for a character I couldn't care less about...meh.

Dude, your posts crack me the fuck up. Seriously. PLEASE keep posting. I need entertainment.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I love the WTF???? about Classics Onslaught, and then you admit you're buying it anyway. You're sticking it to Hasbro by... putting the toy on a different shelf? epik lawls.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't know, it looks like g1 galvatron to me... it's just a different altermode, but that's just MY opinion, and i respect that it's not yours.

how ever, i must remind you, that, even if the fans DID complain, it's not going to stop them from making repaints, hasbro has always made repaints, and will continue to do so, until time runs out for transformers. you don't have to buy any of it after all.

even onslaught, still looks a lot like his g1 counterpart, while being a different altermode, once again. again that is just my opinion, though.

you can hate fans all you want, but we are not even the target for ANY of hasbro's transformers, we never have, we never will.

i have just grown to accept that G1 is dead, and that hasbro WILL make changes. but for the most part it's all stayed the same, galvatron, still looks like galvatron, his altermode is still a cannon, it's just attached to a tank, that's all.

and personally, i like repaints, as long as they are new characters.

but again, this is all just my opinion :) 

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want Sideswipe really badly.

11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Mmmmm....burrito.....

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Where the hell did you pull this statement out off?? Field artillery is still important as it ever was. The major breakthroughs are mobile howitzers and combined cannons/howitzers (mobile howitzers have shorter range because their shock system isn't as rugged as ordinary and combined howitzers, so to be accurate you have to shorten the range). Nothing can easily find a well hidden artillery battery pounding away at targets that are 25-30 kilometers away.

No. Cannon is not the same as a howitzer. And a self-propelled howitzer is not a tank. Tank has armour that protects from big caliber guns and weapons (sorta), self-propelled howitzer doesn't. An old T-55 will blow your self-propelled howitzer at any range his gun can be accurate at. Tank is made for battle at ranges from a few hundred meters (and less) to under 5km and to engage and destroy enemy aromur, while self-propelled howitzer is made for bombarding targets that are at bigger ranges and mostly for laying covering fire and destroying entrenched positions and other non moving targets.

and back on topic: I have no qualms on Galvy being a tank or self-propelled howitzer or whatever. But he should have been an ULTRA. Stupid Hasbro.
    Energon Galvatron is the only Galvatron delivering the needed stuff in looks and size.

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

On the topic of Blaster...

Actually the line IS called "Universe"... Call him Cybertron Blaster if you want, a repaint we never got during that line. He certainly doesn't strike me as G1 Blaster. And, well... I don't really care. :) 

Classics 2.0 is just a part of the new Universe line, it's not the entire thing.

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Energon Galvatron is too large to fit in with the Classics. The character is supposed to be somewhat taller than his minions rather than towering over them.

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Meh, I was hoping they'd retain his cannon alt mode. A tank strikes me more as a Megatron's thing.

16. Dolza_Khyron

well think about it, would you rather have it be a new mold, or a repaint of megatron?

just be glad it's something new :) 

17. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Paladins rock!!!! So does Galvatron! lol

18. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I agree with this. I dont want the same toys as when I was a kid. Progress is good. G1 was great, it paved the way and laid the foundation for all of us, new and older fans. If it was all the same as it was in the 80's, do you all still think it would have gotten this popular or even still be around? I doubt it. Then again maybe it would b ut I really don think so. I love new TF's to death, I love variety and new takes on classic characters and new ones as well. Thats what boxed figures from the 80's are for I guess and they do make re-issues for everyone who likes that sorta thing. I grew out of G1 a long time ago. The new stuff got me back into collecting again and I still have some G1's not saying I dont like them, I like change and diversity too.

19. Dolza_Khyron

well think about it this way, if transformers has remained the same, as they were, wouldn't we have all gotten bored of it, of g1 style toys, long long ago?

it's nice to see new takes, on old characters. Universe "blaster" does look like blaster, he might not be a boombox, no more, but like soundwave, why must he remain the same thing he's always been.

besides, it is NOT "classics" but, "universe" is it not? and we all know transformers "universe" was full of repaints. :)  might not be the best repaints, but there are still some great toys in the original universe. but it is NOT g1 no more, it is Universe.

also, hasbro has to market these toys to kids, who wants to buy a cannon? anyways, how boring lol. a tank is far more fun, and it is the same thing as a cannon, just has more wheels.

it still looks like galvatron, it still looks like the original, it's just that the alter mode has changed, but it's not like it's a total change.

besides that, if they made him an ultra, or even a voyager, then, he wouldn't fit well with rodimus, now would he?

20. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    I know its not G1. That was my bad I guess. lol