Carrying on with my theme of cel-shaded work, I found myself inspired by the soon (kind of)-to-be-reissued Insecticons; I'd forgotten how much I loved those guys, so I dug into my archive and dragged out an ancient Kickback model I'd built for the old game sprites I did way back when, to get the ball rolling. First thing I realised is that the old mesh was all well and good for its original purpose, but it was so low-poly (terrifyingly so) that most of it needed rebuilding from the ground up...not to mention the original was a little too cartoon-based, and I'd already decided that I wanted the new version to feature more of the toy's detailling. So, after a few days of fervent vertex-bashing, here's how it stands. It's not 100% finished - there are still a few minor details to throw in there - but I thought you might like to see how things are progressing. As usual, C&C more than welcome!