Universe figures worth hunting down.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Sep 25, 2009.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Which universe figures are worth hunting down, now that the figures are hard to find at retail? Or at least at my retail they are.

Here are the ones I have. Sunstreaker, Prowl, Hound, Galvatron, Acid Storm, Ironhide and Starscream.

I know I probably know I should have hunted down the figures before they were rare, but I really wasn't sure which ones were worth getting.

One last question, about the Prowl mold. I love the prowl mold, it's loads of fun. But that stupid sticky paint ruins the look. I was contemplating hunting down Bluestreak or Smokescreen. Do they have sticky paint too? Thanks for your help.

2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Inferno is definitely not one to pass up if you find him, and Cyclonus is fantastic.

I think the sticky paint problem was only with Prowl. At the very least, my Smokescreen doesn't have the problem.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, my other ones of that mold have no problems, but I think I remember hearing about it from others. Strangely, my Ironhide has really really sticky paint. I need to eventually buy a new one off the B/S/T boards.

As far as other figures, us the B/S/T Boards to get some of the classics that you missed. I agree that Cyclonus is also great, and Sideswipe is a worthwhile addition to Sunstreaker. I would nab Dragstrip from Hasbrotoyshop. I am not good with this because I love the whole line (atleast the original molds). I don't think you can go too terribly wrong.

4. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

I have Bluestreak and he doesn't have the sticky paint problem, I assure you. He does have some awful looking "allspark blue" on him, though it's not terribly noticeable.

If your going to pick up a Powerglide, which I do recommend, pick up the red one that is coming out. The "pale" Powerglide does make a good classics Hothouse with a Repro Labels set.

I do warn you, STAY AWAY FROM UNIVERSE HEAVYLOAD. I was expecting something great from him, but in the end he was a gimmicky piece of crap. I was far more satisfied with my Universe Dropshot, who I also reccommend.

5. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

The whole universe line is great. Some are better than others but it is definitely the line to be a completist on.

6. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

countdown is pretty nifty and so is optimus :D 

he wasn't too bad, at least his minicon was cool

7. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    The Twins, Ironhide, Hound, Inferno, Cyclonus, Acid Storm, Starscream, and Powerglide are the stars of this line.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Inferno, Cyclonus, and the Darkwind repaint of Silverbolt.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i've got bluesilverstreak and whilst his paint doesn't feel sticky, it's just not quite 'right'. not as good a model as i first thought he was either. i wouldn't honestly recommend him.

acidstorm is badass though.

10. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Sideswipe = Ace
    Cyclonus = Spectacular
    Bluestreak = Best US release of the 350z mold
    Nemesis Prime = a great mold in great colors
    Onslaught = awesome

also reccomended is Henkei Smokescreen and the upcoming Red Powerglide from Walmart...

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat as you. The only one I bought when the line was first coming out was Dinobot. Then I picked up Onslaught and Powerglide on clearance, and I was hooked. I've already gotten Starscream on EBay and am waiting for Cyclonus, Galvatron, Grimlock, and Jetfire to ship.

I let Inferno-on-clearance slip through my fingers not realizing that he was a new, high-quality mold...but since I've only got one shelf to store these guys on and I like on a small salary I am sticking to characters and/or designs that I really like.

As for the future...well, I SHOULD save my money, but I would like to get Hound, "Tankor," and possibly Mirage in future. I also would like OP but I think I may wait to see if there is a Universe revival, because if there is, no doubt we'll see another Prime on shelves.

12. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the Onslaught mold is pretty awesome, but my faves of the entire line are cyclonus and inferno.

I think Dinobot is worth a mention if only for his robot mode.

13. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Dude, Optimus Prime is amazing, and what hooked me on all this Transformers collecting again merry go round... [wallet facepalms].

So yeah... Optimus is a great mold. Transformation is satisfying, colors are great, looks great in robot and truck mode. Can't lose.

14. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Either/both Lambo Twins. Cyclonus, and/or Hound for the Deluxe class, for sure.

I don't really have any other Universe/Classics 2.0 figres, but Silverbolt and Onslaught/any of his redecoes look promising. As for Powerglide, I'd wait for the G1-inspired redeco of Powerglide if you're into him; that's the one that I'm waiting on.

15. Jefro

Jefro Well-Known Member

x2 unfortunately I started late and cannot find Galvatron, Ironhide, Ratchet or Sideswipe anywhere locally. Which will force me to buy them online resulting in a higher cost + shipping. Yah!

16. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, forgot another mold that I think's good from that line: the Prowl mold. I've heard about Prowls suffering from sticky paint though, however, Silver/Bluestreak is pretty awesome, and by extension, Smokescreen is as well.

I'd stay away from Galvatron, Ironhide, and Ratchet though... Ratchet was such a disappointment that I returned him the next day -_-

17. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

ALL!

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Lots of great toys in the line so there aren't too many places to go wrong. Given the list you've given us I'd say your must have yet is Cyclonus. Cyclonus is an all around great toy and just really fun, doesn't hurt that he's topped off by some really nice sculpting by the Hasbro team.

19. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    I'd say all of them with the exception of Cybertron repaints, Dinobot and Cheetor.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Ratchet's good.