universe figs we all want but won't get.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Dec 5, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Semi rant follows

OK hasbro come on we all love the universe wave but if your going to start somthing finish it. I love all the universe figures out so far but there is so much more you can do. I have heard alot of complaints that we do not have the follow modern figure starting from from most asked for to least.

1.Wheeljack
    2.Jazz
    3.Shockwave
    4.Dinobots
    5.Scourge
    6.Blurr
    7.Tracks

The universe line would be the most loved line with these figs.

What do you guys think?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Gears. :( 

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is there a differentiation between Universe and Classics?
    Personally, Universe does little to nothing for me. A bunch of repaints of figures I didn't like the first time around aren't appealing in the least. Slapping a G1 name on something does NOT make it better (looking at you, Blaster).

As for Classics, it seems like Wheeljack should be first up, followed by Shockwave (although the TF:A Target Shockwave kinda fills the bill). Jazz would be cool, but he already has Movie and Animated figures.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Wheeljack and Jazz are on their short list of characters to update, along with Trailbreaker and Hoist. We probably won't get them before the movie hits, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are some of the first to be made in the line when it comes back after the movie line. I'm really not that worried, though I would honestly love a new Deluxe class helicopter TF mold. Whether it be a Springer, Sandstorm, or Whirl homage I really don't care that much. I just want a better chopper bot at that scale (would help with Gestalt kitbashes a lot, imo). But other than that I'm really not worried. The Universe line is the one modern TF line that has a great chance of coming back after a hiatus. Afterall, Hasbro will need something on shelves between movies.

Unfortunately the one character I think that we'll never get in the line, but who definitely needs the update, is Soundwave. Personally I hope he gets a new mold Voyager class figure with a new mold Laserbeak similar to Ravage's update.

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Why aren't we getting Tracks? Is the policy still if Animated gets it, Universe doesn't? If so, there are still 2 more Dinobots that we "could" get if they're not made in Animated.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Sixshot
    Fort Max
    Omega Supreme

those are just a few we will probably never see in the Classics line

7. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

Bombshell. Must have Bombshell....

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Triple Changer Springer
    Kup

9. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

A 1986 movie-accurate Unicron. Someday I hope to make one myself (I have ideas for the transformation scheme) but I have absolutely no skills in the area so I doubt it will ever happen.

10. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Sixshot, damn i would love to see this updated

11. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Energon Omega Supreme re-released as "Universe Omega Supreme." Which I would actually sort of look forward to if it was redecoed in G1 colors, but it would most likely be unchanged like Universe Unicron. :-/

It's too bad we never got this one

12. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Thunderwing.

13. lastsonofzod

lastsonofzod Kneel before Zod!

Ebay:
    Well, for my two cents, I'd really like to see a Bludgeon figure, a G1 style Arcee, a show accurate Black Arachnia, and at least a Brimstone repaint as Swoop. The last is fairly possible, but I really don't see the others coming to pass.

14. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    If Wheeljack, Hoist, Trailbreaker and Jazz are on deck, then...

Kup (come ON, this guy needs some respect!)
    Reflector
    Wreck-Gar
    Blitzwing
    Scourge (G1)
    Skids

15. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I agree with all of these except the last one. I hope they wouldn't do swoop wrong like that. Imagine a mesh of random dinos for the dinobots, it would do no justice.

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Have I missed something? Universe isn't over yet, so why start bitching that some characters haven't been made?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Because we know for a fact it'll be going on hiatus, and people are worried that this hiatus won't end. If it was any other TF toy line going on hiatus, I would probably agree, but Universe has a very good chance of coming back. As I said in my other post, Hasbro will need something to put on shelves. That and when they said it was going to go on hiatus they hinted at some ideas that they already had for when they would bring it back. As for what's left of Universe to come out before the hiatus, and the store exclusives that we'll have to look forward to during the hiatus, I think we have one more normal wave of figures to look forward to before the rest is the store exclusives. We also might have one or two more Voyagers, and maybe one more Ultra figure to look forward to, depending on when the one's we currently know about are released.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

That's what was confusing me. We know Hasbro love to sell repaints, and the new mold side of Universe was apparently profitable enough to continue, so why think they're about to kill the line?

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! :tongue: 

19. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    You seem a little confused. Universe, aka "Classics 2.0", is the brand that Hasbro uses to encompass all of its current non-Animated TF products; that includes all the new-mould toys like Cyclonus, Powerglide and Ironhide, as well as the repaints like Blaster, Superion and Bruticus Maximus. The original Classics line no longer exists; all that's being produced right now is Universe and Animated. There was an older line called Universe that ran alongside Armada which WAS all repaints, so maybe that's why you're confused...

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Sixshot,scourge,the insecticons,warpath(the biggest for me since I love this guy),beachcomber,and skylynks