Universe Dragstrip and his funky box.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So, what's the deal? I've ordered one online and will be getting it shortly (hopefully) but I've noticed that he comes in a black box with a silver (kinda) line art on the front.

What's the story behind this?

2. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    It's because Dragstrip is from a special re-painted release by Hasbro a short while ago. It included repaints of Mirage (Dragstrip), Grimlock (Overkill), and the two-pack of deluxe Prime and Megs into more G1 accurate colors. As far as I know, it was only released on Hasbro Toyshop.

3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

hes a hasbrotoyshop exclusive, part of four repaints that came out a couple months back, or maybe it was last year i cant remember. so they each had a nice fancy box they came in. i suggest getting overkill also if you havent yet, hes an awesome repaint as well.

4. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ToysRus? :inquisiti 

Overkill, Dragstrip, Megatron, and Optimus were Hasbrotoyshop.com exclusives.

6. M3GATRON

M3GATRON Well-Known Member

Hasbro has them in a 4 pack you can order well worth the order im pretty stoked on them.

7. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Special Edition SE-03 Dragstrip was a Asian market exclusive sold in China, Thailand, Malaysia, etc (though not in Japan since that is TakaraTomy territory). The packaging is a collectible book style box with 2 pieces of plastic protecting the toy in robot mode with no twist ties. It was basically targeted to collectors in Asia. During BotCon 2009 I actually talked to a Hasbro Package designer and he said that The US group had not developed the Special Edition packaging. It was designed by the Hasbro Asia division. The reason why it was possible was because US Hasbro has strict packaging standards where not a single piece is allowed to move loose in the package. That explains the abundance of twist ties in US packaging. If you compare this to other asia market exclusive toys like Classics Jetfire and Grimlock and Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus 2 packs, there are no twist ties either.

8. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have one. He's cool.