Minor/Repaint: Universe Dead End

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Oct 30, 2008.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

OK, here's my version of Stunticon Dead End. Like my Breakdown before him he was inspired by FrenzyRumble's version of the Stunticons. ;)  He's made from Universe Prowl and painted with "Model Masters" acrylics in entirely.

I had a ridiculously hard time removing the siren from Prowl. No matter how much I tried I couldn't get the screw loose. Ultimately I just said "Forget it" and cut the siren off with a jigsaw blade. That ended up with the circle left behind which I covered up with some 'Mighty Putty' which resulted in a minor bump on the roof. Thankfully it's not that noticeable.

You can also check out my Breakdown here. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Color scheme looks good. Could use a bit of touching up here and there. Like with F_R's Dead End this head doesn't look right to me. I go for the more anime one with the visor and mouthpiece. Overall it's a good custom, waaay cheaper than buying than buying the one he's modeled after :thumb 

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
  4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they look great. and the mold works.

5. Oculophage

Oculophage Likes shiny objects.

Ebay:
    How can Dead End be emo if he doesn't have eyes with which to cry with nor a mouth to with which to wine?

Seriously, though, I always hated the way the 'toon version of Dead End looked.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    :lol  I guess you do have a point but maybe that's why he has the visor on, so he can hide the tears

I always just hold the toon up higher than other media I suppose. Plus giving him an anime head helps make him more than a repainted Prowl too

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, plus toon version heads keeps them (the stunticons) from all having nearly the same exact friggin' heads :lol 

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Ultimately I based mine on the same picture F_R based for his, the one from Dreamwave Comics. In essence, its based on the original toy rather than the animation model.

I tend to hold the comics and actual toys higher than the cartoon hence why I'm also "Blue Frenzy, Red Rumble" (though that has a lot to do with growing up in Japan). :p 

Still, thanks for reviewing.