Universe Cyclonus--THE BEST Mold Since The Classics Seekers-Any Chance For A Repaint?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I remember that too. It's what Hasbro does for the redeco with anybody that can't reasonably be passed as a different guy, they just slap an adjective in front of his name. But it's a kick ass mold so I don't mind.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wait, the Classics Seekers were cool? I guess no one told them that. Not that Cyclonus isn't extremely cool, but there have been far better figures than the Classic Starscream mould in Aniamted, Movie and Universe.

3. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Right. They were uncool. That's why the mold has only been used 14 times so far:

Starscream
    Target Skywarp
    Ramjet
    Botcon Thundercracker
    Botcon Dirge
    Botcon Thrust
    Henkei Starscream
    Henkei Ramjet
    Henkei Skywarp
    Henkei Thundercracker
    Universe Acid Storm
    Universe Starscream
    Henkei Dirge
    Henkei Thrust

</sarcasm>

4. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

To play devil's advocate to your statement for a second here...

Were they cool on their -own- merits, or did they get made simply because of the G1-ism, easy repaints, and because of what they represent to the fans?

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Both, I say.

The Classics Seeker mold is just fantastic in it's own right. The fact that that mold and design is used for so many other characters is just a big plus on it.

Cyclonus is a cool toy as well, but I think I said this last time, I'm fairly certain that no other '86-'87 toys were made from the same mold as Cyclonus. And no other character on the show looked like Cyclonus, aside from "his armada" in the movie.

Great toy, yes. But I doubt we'd get a repaint though that isn't some kind of exclusive version of Cyclonus.

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    A Beast Machines Jetstorm repaint would work. Ultra Jetstorm was repainted into Cyclonus so I think this is one of those times where going the other way would work.

And Deluxe Jetstorm was repainted into RiD Storm Jet, RiD Jhiaxus and RiD Skywarp so they could work too perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.