Universe Cyclonus Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GreenScream, Apr 28, 2008.

1. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'm pretty stoked that we're getting a deluxe of Cyclonus. However, can any of the botcon attendees please answer the following two questions:

1) What does Cyclonus alt mode look like?

I know they are going for the realistic vehicle designs for Universe, so I'm hoping that he remains true to his cartoon form with the forward wing for his jet mode.

2) What color is he?

Is he dark purple like the G1 toy? or is he closer to the light-purple-blue cartoon colors?

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It looks like Cyclonus.

Color wise, they said he's dark purple. They're trying to mostly stay away from bright colors with Universe.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Since we're asking questions here: How G1ish does he look? Is he more based on the animated model or the toy? How big is the nosecone? Does it have the point/spear tip that the animated/comic version does or just the regular nosecone like the toy? Does the articulation look good? Can he gerwalk?

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Will he blend?

5. Devil-Gigatron

Devil-Gigatron Destronger Dark Emperor

Wait its going to be a remold into a newer figure, and not a reissue with nightstick.... Okay my hope has been restored.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Oh, and one more, does he look anything like the art from the Spotlight comic?

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

New mold. Same with Hound+Ravage.

8. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

The orginal cyclonus with nightstick was one of my very first tfs ever. I will never forget going to walmart and they had these huge stack of targetmaster cyclonus and scourge. I could only pick one so I got scourge,I made it to the checkout and decided I wanted cyclonus more,so I went back and got him instead. Ahh, the memories. So that is a big yes to me getting this figure..

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    About as G1 as Classics Rodimus. Animation model more than the toy. Jet mode looked roughly like the original toy, only with more detail. Very good. No idea, we only saw a single slide of it.

10. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyclonus makes me happy. Especially since we're getting Galvatron and we got Scourge from Titanium.

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Here's my question.

Why can't Hasbro keep cars in the deluxe class & jets in the voyager,ultra & supreme classes? Why do they always feel the need to stick jets in the deluxe class. Can you imagine how awesome it would be if the Classics Starscream & Cyclonus molds were ultra to go with Wingsaber,Powerglide & Silverbolt? All the Bots got awesome huge toys & the cons got tiny dinky little deluxes. I was hoping they would make Cyclonus in the new Universe line but now that he's a deluxe I don't even want him anymore. WTF am I supposed to do with a crappy deluxe when the Autobots have giant ultra's??? I have no use for him now. It really sucks because I was looking forward to Galvatron & Cyclonus. Now I have no interest in either of them.

I don't like small TF's to begin with. But making jets tiny is just retarded! Hasbro, LEAVE THE DELUXE SIZE CLASS FOR CARS!!!! Jet's DO NOT belong in the deluxe size class.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Deluxe class sells better than the other classes no matter the alt mode, and they probably want to sell good with their fanwank line.

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I'm still waiting for my answer. :mad 

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT!!! Some of Hasbro's choices may not make 100% sense to us, but there is usually a very good reason for ever one of those decisions. In the end, Hasbro is doing what they see as the best thing for them to do at the time. The Transformers franchise has been around for quite some time, so they've evidentally been doing something right to keep it going.

15. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Yeah but still, the Bots get electronic Ultra jets while the Cons get crappy little deluxe jets. Why would the Autobots, which were originally *only cars* get the good jets while the Decepticons who were originally mainly jets get the crappy small jets? It just feels so backwards to me. For the Autobots concentrate on the cars, for the Decepticons concentrate on the jets.

Isn't it bad enough that Classics Starscream was a deluxe? Was it really necessary for them to also make Cyclonus a deluxe??? I just don't get Hasbro.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That is the question...

17. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I think hasbro looks at it like this, it would be harder to repaint a voyager mold six times(seekers) in a line compared to a deluxe. Just my view but I agree larger jets would be awesome, but Im just glad we are getting something.

18. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Blend? He will look good with your other classics, nice dark purple used at least it looked dark on the projector.

The target master has more articulation than our old ones at least the photo made it look like the arms would move.

And the ship has the animated style spear tip. It looked freaking nice!

The hound features a nice update as well no more alligator arms for him.

He comes w/ a Ravage that will fit in G1 Soundwave and the ravage transforms in a way so he has a nice 3d form unlike the g1 which was almost 2 dimensional looking.

19. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I thought it worked for the line aesthetics, not to mention, I generally prefer the "deluxe" class.

Besides, it makes Cyclonus nicely sized compared to Titanium Scourge and Classics Galvatron, as well as the other Classics 'cons.

I have a feeling this will be the first Transformer in years that I buy more then one of. I really loved Cyclonus.

Wow, awesome. I'm looking forward to Cyclonus more than any other Transformer last year, this year, or next year (so far).