3D Artwork: Universe Cyclonus (part 2)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Sledgehammer, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Been a mad week since returning from Glastonbury (what with trying to find more work and dealing with IT support for a business project), but I've finally managed to get the rest of Cyclonus sorted. There are still one or two tweaks I need to take care of, but I'm happy with how things have turned out. :) 

So here he is, along with yet another Henkei redeco (and no, I'm not going to do Strafe, as it struck me as a really dumb use of the mold, even for a Japanese exclusive)...

Next - Nightstick. I only really need him in gun mode ATM, but I dare say I'll get round to doing him properly at some point.

As usual, C&C more than welcome! :thumb 

Attached Files:

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Really brilliant work. You should do Cosmos next :p 

3. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Even in art, the Universe one is better, nice job!

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excellent job with the modeling. He seems perfect for an animation project. :thumb 

5. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Glad to see you finished Cyclonus, Sledgehammer. It's one fabulous looking model and I look forward to seeing Nightstick accompanying him. By any chance, do you happen to have a proper animation rig, or at least the bones set up for posing?

6. Sledgehammer

Jeff: Cheers, mate - there should be a little something in your inbox. And yeah, I'll have to dig out the old model and give him a quick blast with the new paintbox, see how he turns out! :D 

Skylock: Ta muchly!

Venks: Funnily enough, I was thinking along the same lines whilst looking at the Henkei image - wasn't intentional, but it struck me as having an almost 'show bible' feel about it...might just end up doing something just to see how it turns out!

SC: Much appreciated! Didn't bother actually rigging him as such (it's all just parent/child linkage), but he's easy enough to pose. And as most of my games animation work is all keyframe-based anyway, it wouldn't be too tough to get him up and running!

And talking of Nightstick - I had one of those moments where I thought 'sod messing around trying to build just the gun mode, do it properly and just transform the bugger...'

So here he is. I did end up making two concessions, though - the first was actually giving him a mouth, the second was turning his head 180 degrees in gun mode because it looked too weird having his mug staring outwards! :p 

Attached Files:

7. Sledgehammer

And, just purely as a "wonder how it'd look if I did that", here's some 'line-art'. :p 

Attached Files: