Universe Constructicons ARE COMING!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RAWK. Man, I can't wait to get these...

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I was more trying to say "I know we've seen those in packaging before, but they have the same sticker we just saw recently on new toys, which implies that these Constructicons aren't just old samples but actually an indication that they're finally moving".

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Why won't Universe just die :cry 

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    If you don't happen to have a Target nearby (like me), any thoughts on whether on-line stores will be offering these guys?

It seems target.com doesn't carry TF toys.

-airfox

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

wow... those two years just flew by.... not really. At least these guys will FINALLY be released. At first I wasnt interested in the set, but the next time I take a trip to the States I may pick up a set (and Overbite/Buzzclaw once released) just to show my appreciation for the Universe line. If these sets sell well, Target may be more willing to carry the Seacon set, which I (as well as bazillions of other fans) have been waiting and waiting and waiting for.

Well, Universe is still barely breathing, now if only it can last a bit longer and Target should pick up the U-Seacons/Piranhacons. I want that set released before I die of natural causes.

6. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hasbro cant release a toy that retailers dont want to sell, they had intentions of sell these repaints for years if you read Nevermore info

As for the Seacons, they really want to sell them, but none of retailers wants em...

7. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Well, just to be clear. I wasn't bashing Hasbro or anything. I was really just commenting on the situation. AFAIK, these guys and the Seacons were kind of in the same boat(planned for release, but retailers backed out). If it took this long for Hasbro to finally find a way to release the U-Constructicons, then who knows if/when they'll be able to do the same for the U-Seacons.

8. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, Universe is kinda like Keith Richards...it died 2 years ago. Its just in denial.

9. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

man i hope i can get me one of them they look like a awsome repaint

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

And apparently Hasbro is too stupid to just simply offer them via their online ToyShop like CS Astrotrain, or just through the Collector's Club. It's not rocket science :rolleyes: 

11. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    i would think its not as simple as putting em there, otherwise, Astrotrain could have been up some time ago...

12. Nevermore

News Credits:
    If it were that easy, they'd have already done it.

- Astrotrain was already produced. They had presumably 3,000 finished units sitting in a warehouse, so Hasbro figured "okay, what can we do? Okay, let's offer them through our online store, that way we might at least minimize the expenses".

Meanwhile, there's no evidence yet that the Seacons ever made it post the test shot stage, so Hasbro would still HAVE to produce the toys as well as the packaging, which would require investing even MORE money, with the option of selling it to how many buyers? I mean, how many people are buying from the Hasbro Toy Shop website?

It might be profitable for a mass-produced toy being ALSO sold through their online store, but keep in mind that an EXCLUSIVE toy means it's limited in numbers. Because of that, the store picking up an exclusive is most probably paying MORE to Hasbro for the exclusive than they would pay for a mass release toy, in order to cover Hasbro's expenses (limited items are more expensive than mass produced ones, because the development costs are the same, but the expected revenue will be less than for a mass retail toy).

Therefore, offering an already produced run via the online store is more likely than it would be for a toy that still has to be produced. In the former case, the expenses have already been paid no matter what, so it's merely a case of "damage control", while in the latter case, there's still a fair amount of damage to happen, so for Hasbro, it's "shall we pay for the production run and then offer it for a small revenue, thereby hoping to minimize the loss, or just cancel it altogether, thereby still losing money, but not risking to end up with a shelfwarmer?"

Another possibility is that Astrotrain might be some sort of test run. Hasbro are waiting to see how well he sells, and THEN they might decide upon the possibility of future online store exclusives.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    YES!!! And they come in two packs!!! I was worried that they come in singles and I'd have to hunt down four instead of just two...:rock 

14. Nevermore

News Credits:
    We already saw the packaging like half a year ago.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't see it... :( 

Or more likely, I forgot about it since it's so damned long ago... :( 

16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    We sure did.

17. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Hopefully at this year's Toyfair, Hasbro will let us know more officially about the status of the Overbite/Repugnus and Seacon sets (Good news, I hope).

There is so much time between updates that people even begin to forget that the RiD repaint, overbite/repugnus 2-pack and Seacons even existed.

18. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

19. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well, maybe "stupid" was a bit harsh, but how do you explain the continuation of the Real American G.I.Joe line in their ToyShop then? Same situation as the Seacons. The stores pulled out of that line, so they went online with it. If they can continue a whole freaking Joe line via their ToyShop, then releasing a set of six small TFs through it should be nothing. Limited run of course, and priced higher than usual, like $30 instead of $20 to help recoup costs.

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Regarding the extra cost of it being a Hasbro Toy Shop exclusive, shouldn't at least some of the cost be balanced out by the near elimination of damages and stolen pieces? When regular releases get shipped out there's always some that get dropped, run over, or otherwise broken and returned, so that's money lost. And while these figures may be a little large for shoplifting, I'm sure it could happen. Now I don't expect that that would totally balance out the cost, but shouldn't it make a dent of some kind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.