Universe Combaticons and Legends Brawn/Beachcomber....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm disappointed. I think they could've retooled Cybertron Hardtop or Energon Strongarm and (like someone else said) repaint one of the Superion jets. I already have the Energon sets (except for Superion, which I might take advantage of this second time around) anyway.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Didn't know the images were any larger. Though that has more to do with the website than the resolution of my monitor (1280x1024 on a 19" screen).

While it would be cool for them to retool the arms and feet to look more like the box art, you can tell buy the combining picture that they aren't gong to do that.

Brawn and Beachcomber look nice, but I probably won't get either one of them, though if they were to make Deluxe class figures with the same basic design to them, I'd probably get those.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

What the fuck was the point to releasing 2.0 Onslaught then?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    To give the character a great new mold toy that isn't limited buy a gimmick that would also then limit the other four figures he would have combined with. This here is probably a store exclusive of some sort. This here is something I like about the Universe line, we can get different versions of the same character and not have them be too similar to each other.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to see that Brawn DOES have black tires... I was worried there for a minute by Hasbor's first promo pic.

I don't see why everyone is so riled up by Bruticus. From the first release, Barricade, Blackout and Kickback were spot-on in G1 Onslaught, Vortex and Brawl colors, respectively.... and the other two can be forgotten, as they look nothing like Swindle and Blast-Off. What would it have cost Hasbro to include an A10 Aerialbot repainted as Blast-Off and to retool Cybertron the Swindle/Hardtop mold (which is already a remold of the COMBINER Sledge mold!) to make a combining Swindle? A Chinese company already retooled the Swindle mold for combining (too bad the plastic material is crap)...

All in all a great dissapointment, the original Cybertron colors were good enough, I can't see them topping that - same as it was with Devastator.

6. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't get over the hate for the energon combiner molds. I did a backflip back in the day when they were announced and I will jump at the chance to get these in G1 colored fruitsnack goodness.

I love these molds and think they have a lot of fun in them. Unfortunatley, I do hate the hands as well (come on fansprojects, this is where you come in!)

But still... damn. HasTak did their very best, cost effective way of giving us combiners and they did them very well. I for one, I hope for the same type of combiner design for protectobots and stunticons.

I for one, will pick Bruticus up. The Onslaught in this set will remain as Barricade and the Swindle (because of the impending Hound repaint) will be Blight.

Can't wait for the Aerialbots.

And for me, Universe Onslaught and Silverbolt will be the leaders of these teams the same way Scourge was the leader in RID

7. kingrich78

kingrich78 Well-Known Member

Wow What A Surprise!!!!

Hasbro Releases Onslaught and Silverbolt, 2 all new and moldern looking molds just waiting to have there fellow Combiner team members released, and what do we get? A Bruiticus that is nothing more that a repaint of a previous release from a few years back...Wonderful. Gee I wonder If hasbro will release another Superion repaint with "mutant-like hands" again. Here's an Idea that I know hasbo will drool at, Take a Beastwars Megatron repaint him in G-1 colors and slap a Generation 1 25 year Aniversary label on it. All of us gulable collectors will still snatch them right up!

Better yet here's a better Idea for hasbro. Take a good hard look at what guys like Frenzyrumble are doing with your toys. Hire them, they know exactly what we want.:banghead: 

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, and I think many would agree, we don't want combiners that need a bunch of extra parts to combine them.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Remolded from SCRATCH!

11. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The one thing that gets me about this set is all the people saying;

"Oh noes! What will I do with my Universe Ultra Onslaught?"

Answer! Keep it if you like it!

12. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yawn, this is one of the main reasons that the new universe/25th line doesnt appeal to me its just a hodge podge of G1 (and more rescently BW) homages all thrown togethor with no theme I mean take this so we are getting a repaint of a G1 combiner homage thats team leader was done as one of the first new Universe moulds but not as a combiner....no cohesion. Its why Animated>Universe/25th

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

That Hardtop mold uses a very similar transformation to the combiner tanks... but that doesn't make it a "remold" in any way. It's just re-using a basic conversion scheme.

Still, that figure would be GREAT retooled into an Energon Combiner. Heck, they already released a Swindle version even!

Also, I would have gone with the other Energon Combiner jet mold for BlastOff, just because it's more spacey looking. An A-10 just seems too "brute" for Blastoff.

But yeah... incorporating one or both of these figures, along with some hands, would have made this set a "Must Have" instead of a "Buy it if you don't already have it". :( 

zmog

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    no they couldn't have. just stop and actually think about why not for a moment, okay?

Hardtop and Strongarm weren't designed to be combiners so even with retooling they cannot become combiners. besides, this is no doubt a store exclusive intended to save hasbro money by being so easy and cheap to put out. retools of any kind cost money and makes the release pointless for them.

...I suppose they could have given Bruticus a jet from Superion and Superion a helicopter from Bruticus would have been okay if they could do something about the molded faction symbols.

15. kingrich78

kingrich78 Well-Known Member

Well if its an entirely new mold I could care less about extra parts, just as long as they stop slaping on G-1 colors on old molds I dont mind at all.

16. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Is this legit? I'm getting him for sure if he is because I missed him completely. If they are remaking energon superion too I'm gonna grab him too. Assuming I can afford them that is.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    what makes you think there is a possibility that it isn't legit?

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Umm, you misunderstood - Hardtop isn't an (extensive) remold of the tanks - he shares the same transformation as Energon Sledge/Bonecrusher, the bulldozers from Constructicon Maximus! Sure, the vehicle modes are totally different, but they transform the exact same way. I should know - I was the first to point this out and got a news credit (my first one... ;)  ) at Seibertron for it...

It wouldn't be hard for Hasbro engineers to just add a flip-out combiner peg/socket into the hood of the Swindle mold. I have a spare KO Swindle at home for this task, just waiting for a junker Energon combiner to salvage the peg/socket from...

19. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Have heard claims the previous pictures for Universe Superion were faked so I was only asking.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    well its brand new artwork that is identical in style to the artwork seen on previous releases.