Universe-Classics 3.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Sep 11, 2009.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Has anyone heard anything about which figures will be in this line? I'm highly anticipating the continuation of the Classics figures and am interested in hearing any news on this. What are some figures that you would like to see? I'm personally hoping for a Jazz figure as he was originally supposed to be in the last release of these figures. Thoughts?

2. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    deja vue

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  3. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

id love to see a deluxe class brawn that doesnt suck...as well as a wheeljack. i think these are two characters that need love.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, the amount of threads shows interst in movie line is dying IMO

5. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

The cloesest thing to an official word on "Universe 3.0" that I heard was in a QnA some time back, where they said they're more or less still interested in doing more classic TF characters, and even hinted at the idea of doing a deluxe G1 wheelie.

Take that as you will.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a new "Blast Off."

(That's sounds dirrrty)

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno I think when fans ask about what's after the movie line you have to take into account that many might not like the movie stuff and those that do tend to buy them in bulk as soon as they hit the shops so often fans loose interest fast.. Also if you take into account that kids who buy 99% of the stuff not only still have interest but buy the stuff at a much slower rate over a longer time so it seems logical for Hasbro to match their pace rather then constantly trying to make sure we get our plastic fix every week.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, i went nuts last time with the movie stuff, my interest waned rather quickly, then turned to regret, and finally to generosity and gave away the whole line. not interested this time around, can't wait for whatever's next unless it is a movie themed cartoon, then another few years of passing

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am kinda glad we don't have 3.0 yet.
    am glad i am running out of things i want from the movie line.
    I can save up and get ahead, and then when 3.0 hits, i can use my "crack account" to buy in bulk.

my interest hasn't waned in the movie line- it's just that most of the current and later waves are going to be repaints and i don't want those.

10. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    proof or that didnt happen

11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this the 5 Step Plastic Crack Recovery Program? :lol 
    1. Insanity
    2. Boredom
    3. Regret
    4. Enlightenment
    5. Repeat

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol I think your onto something.

honestly this time round I've only gotten a few ROTF toys and nothing bigger then deluxe and even then apart from one toy all I own are basics... Saying that Alternity and other items have made sure I'm just as poor as ever

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm done with ROTF for the most part. Only things I will get are the legends Devastartor and Target Bruticus. I think Im really only going to focus on the "classics" line when and IF it returns after ROTF as Universe 3.0 or whatever they call it this time. I regret getting a lot of Movie 1 toys. I bought only characters that were on screen this time with ROTF, which is what I was supposed to do with movie 1.

I look forward to the revival of universe/classics.

14. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Just for giggles...

my dream list for UniClassics v.3.0 (trying to be 'realistic' and based on how Hasbro typically runs lines)

Deluxe:
    Wave 1
    Red Alert (henkei deco/no chrome), Tracks (new mold), Blitzwing (new mold ~ we've got 1 of the triplechangers for each new series in wave 1, so why not :) )

Wave 2
    Sunstorm (Classic Seeker redeco), Windcharger (new mold)

Wave 3
    Cliffjumper (Classics BB w/new head and Deco and guns replacing the goofy trailer), Wheeljack (Tracks w/new head and reversed legs ~ they both have car chests, dual launchers and shoulder wings, so i think that'd work well)

Wave 4
    Nightbeat (Windcharger w/ new head: in g1 they have very similar body configurations ~ not a headmaster ~ personally i don't think that was a very 'key' thing about his character), Jazz (new mold)

Wave 5
    Kick Back (new mold), Snarl (which would be based on G1 Snarl, not Slag who's stolen Snarls name since Slag and Swoop just got new molds in animated)

Wave 6
    Ricochet/Stepper (Jazz redeco)/Swerve (red Tracks)

Potential Store Exclusives: Purple Rainmaker/Henkei Astrotrain

Voyager:
    Wave 1
    Starscream (new F-22 seeker mold, what can i say, i want bigger seekers! ;) ), Whirl (modern combat chopper)

Wave 2
    Trailbreaker (w/new name ~ something like a HumVee with a big gun on the back that can be removed and changed into a handgun)

Wave 3
    Thundercracker (Starscream redeco, duh ;) )

Wave 4
    Shockwave (Whirl w/ new hand ~ grey like Shackwave w/purple accents ~ each would have different 'horns' to differentiate them), Swindle or Roadbuster (Trailbreaker redeco)

Store Exclusive: Skywarp (maybe a Target 2 pack w/ 1 of the deluxes i suggested for store exclusive status)

Ultra:
    Wave 1
    Motormaster (new mold) Hot Zone(Spot) (new mold)

Wave 2
    Megatron (grey G2 style tank, but with all the awesome that a modern toy can bring, and the cannon ending up on his arm :D )

Wave 3
    Grapple (Hot Zone w/ new head and crane. since Inferno ended up not being a ladder truck, this compromise works for me)

Wave 4
    Overload (Motormaster redeco ~ continues the tradition of Ultra-sized Micromasters from Universe 2.0)

Store Exclusive Leader:
    G2 Laser Prime in G1ish (or movie-ish) deco w/ Chrome trailer

================================
    there's a few guys I wanted in that i left out like Brawn and Bludgeon since they are getting G1ish homage toys late in the ROTF line i figured they are 'off limits' for the next year or 2.

I think my deluxe selection might be a little "Car heavy"...

I figure it's not realistic, but i'd REALLY like to see them do new G1-inspired Constructicons as Basics. I think they could totally pull off something awesome there. do 3 per wave mixed in with some mini-bot, micromaster and tape-characters (i think you could do a cool Rumble/Frenzy mold with a Jeep)

not to toot my own horn, but i think Whirl and Shockwave sharing a mold would be kinda brilliant ~ plus i always liked Whirl and he's been pretty much relegated to "dedicated helicopter repaint" status...

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Huh. This isn't a wishlist thread? Wow.

I hope we get Classicsverse-themed toys thrown in here at the tail end of the RotF line like Movie 1 did.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Some really good ideas there, Artiepants! :D 

17. sinchicken

sinchicken Active Member

I would love to see the following characters in a universe/classics style.

Jazz
    Roadbuster
    Quake
    Sky Lynx
    Apeface

Also, this is dreaming, bring back Predaking in an updated format!

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The only thing I REALLY don't agree with there Artie is your Wheeljack. I think the first TF ever on screen deserves a bit more than a repaint. Also, the G1 Wheeljack isn't a repaint of Tracks anyway. What I want is a Lancia Stratos Fenomenon mold (naturally with some changes for likeness issues).

The Classicsverse lines have pretty much kept things pretty in line with the G1 line as far as repaints go. And by this I mean from the new molds. Repaints have pretty solidly come from characters who they were repaints of in G1: Prowl, Bluestreak, & Smokescreen- Prime & Magnus- Ironhide & Ratchet... Even the retools make good sense, making Sunstreaker & Sideswipe one mold from what were two in G1.

That said, I do love the purple Seeker idea. As much as I want more Decepticon molds, I'd buy a good three purple Seekers if they were available.

19. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    judging by the 'con presentations, it almost more seems like this time they are going to 'merge' into the next line instead. ~ like, Breakdown/Brawn/Bludgeon ~ they all still were movie-esque, but definitely at the same time a little more G1/classicish and less movie aesthetic then the earlier non-screen Movie figs... (IMO at least)

20. cuters

cuters Diabolist

i just want a g1 accurate jazz enough messing around could care less about the rest thats just gravy sick of waiting for a fig thats going to be insane to find at retail demand for this is going to be sic