Universe Classics 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sideswipe119, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the designs are definetly updated versions of the G1 characters, but it's different enough, imo, to count it separate, and as it's own entity. That's what I mean by Classics=/=G1.

Not entirely. While it does seem to please what seems like the majority of the fan base, it's also had a lot of success with the main audience of Transformers, and that's the kids (not saying you're wrong, just that it's main goal isn't to please just the fans).

2. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

ok but the reason its called classics is bcuz its from the classic transformers its not seperate its g1

3. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    FAIL
    A fan is anyone who likes Transformers no matter what line/continuity they are from. There is no "true fan".

Personally, I think the Powerglide mold is sucktacular whatever colour its in, but I have to agree that I much prefer the white over the red. Its not like you can't tell its not Powerglide because its white.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT!!!

Agreed. He may not look exactly like he did in G1, but he's close enough to pass as Powerglide, imho.

5. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

so u dont mind if the transformers characters r different colors ok lets make optimus dark yellow and lets make megatron green with an afro and lets make ironhide purple with pink pockadots. my point isnt if u can tell who they r my point there color is part of who they r

6. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    My favourite Megatron is G2 Megatron, who happens to be green.

And theres a huge difference between changing Prime's colours and Powerglides. Prime is iconic, Powerglide isnt. And besides, movie Prime's primarily blue and it works pretty well for him.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    ... big ass robots that turn into other things?

*goes and checks*

Nope, I'd say we're still pretty much hitting the nail on the head with that one.

Dude, I would KILL for Megatron with an afro.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The thing is, there's a reasoning behind Powerglide being white instead of red. It's more realistic for the alt-mode. Choosing random colors for random characters isn't what Hasbro is doing. They're picking colors that fit the alt-mode, the character, and the over-all look of the figure.

That's a good point too, and probably a bit better than mine, lol.

9. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

wow r u micheal bay thats exactly the reason wy the movie sucked bcus micheal bay thought it was just a bunch of robots that hit eachother but its not its transfromers thats the whole point of transformers is that there robots with feeling and they worry about people thats one of the many reasons the movie sucked when i first saw transformers the original movie when oprimus die i cryied so hard i still get kinda sad after seing thatseen but when jazz dies in the live movie there all o look jazz died as optimus is swing him around

10. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

yes that is exactly wut there doing white does not fit powerglide u know wy b cuz power glide is RED

11. Erector

News Credits:
    Dude... who are you talking to? Seriously, use the quote button. And please, please use punctuation or SOMETHING - it really helps us read it more easily and respond accordingly.

12. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

no it doesnt work for him actually he looks ******ed with flames thats stupid as hell

13. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

ok didnt know how lol thanx

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just curious, and no offense meant when I say this, but could you at least attempt to type so that we can understand you? Also I personally really liked the TF movie, and can't wait for the sequel. It's still Transformers. You don't have to like it, or ever watch it again, but it's still Transformers. Honestly, I personally don't like G1, but at the same time, I respect it.

15. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    Yes I admit it...I am Michael Bay.

And your argument has nothing to do with the colours of Transformers. I thought we were discussing that, not the movie's storyline and characterisation :confused: 

16. Erector

News Credits:
    What you've got to remember is that the Prime in the live-action isn't the G1 Prime. So he doesn't have to be a flat-nose truck, he can have flames, hell if the deco worked he could have been yellow or whatever you said. It's a different character. Just remember that ;) 

And having seen the "First Strike Optimus Prime" toy... ie, the movie Prime in G1 colours... doesn't it look boring like that?

17. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

i will never respect that movie its horrible i love who played spike i thought that was awesome that they got shia 2 play spike

18. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

we were but u guys keep going off into transformers movie colors

19. Erector

News Credits:
    Can I have your autograph Mr Bay? :bay 

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    but classics uses real alt modes(when was the last time a red bomber/warthog was around)I would have liked more red in bot mode but it cant be done without having red in alt mode imo.Unless it has red camo to blend it together.