Universe Classics 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sideswipe119, Jun 9, 2008.

1. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

ok they need 2 make power glide all red

2. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

3. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

You joined up to the site just to say that?

I mean, I tend to agree, but wow. :) 

Welcome aboard!

4. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

lol thankx i have 2 i mean they finally start 2 do classics again and hasbros all ready screwing it up

5. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

damn wy does japan get all the good versions of stuff

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I don't think that they're screwing it up. I actually like their version of Powerglide more than the Takara version. I'd rather have an updated look than a slavishly done G1 design. Same thing with Onslaught and Silverbolt, though there aren't that many differences between the two Silverbolt's.

7. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

i dont mind them updating the vehicles but u dont screw with color its just wrong hes just not powerglide whne hes white thats like if they made bumble brite pink

8. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

i love the silverbolt but its still the same colors i dont mind if they do it a little different but if u change the hole base color of the character its just wrong

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They don't. They tend to get screwed. Takara didnt finish the energon or cybertron toylines in japan, they're getting the classics molds 2 years late and very, very slowly. No sign of them getting Animated, and takara's QC is crap in recent years.

as for changing character colors, its no big deal. look at G2. damn near every re-appearing character got their colors changed. laser optimus prime was mostly gray and black in robot mode, and he was awesome. megatron went from being silver to green, then purple, then silver and purple, and the G2 megatron molds are are great. I prefer the green tank megatron over the silver megatrons, and I prefer G2 black sideswipe over G1 red sideswipe.

10. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NOT ALL, just most :( 

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The color is actually one reason I prefer the Hasbro version. Color is one thing that I personally include when I say updated look, or something like that. With as many different colors that are on my Autobot figures, I'm glad to see one that's mostly white. It'll help break up the colors a bit.

12. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

i just thionk its not fair that we get the shitty version and i want them 2 give us the damn classics thundercracker from botcon hasbro needs 2 stop with the movie toys and focus on classics and do em right there doin real good with gijoe toys wy cant they do that good with classics

13. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

ok but the whole point of classics is 2 have the old characters but with newer vehicles and articulation not repainting them cuz i dont wanna play with that little powerglide toy from the 80s i wanna play with that same exact character but bigger and more articulated with the same colors o and if u want a white transformer then wait for a ratchet figure cuz there doin ironhide and im sure ratchet will b a painted version of ironhide

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Starting in August we'll be getting plenty of new Classics figures, and then next year we should be getting some really great homages in the 25th Ann. line. Hound, Ravage, Cyclonus, and Nightstick are four that we already know of, and are apparently really good homages to the originals. They're getting to it, just have a little patience.

Ummm...they aren't "repainting" them. They are giving them updated paint jobs to go with their updated vehicle and bot-modes. Classics=/=G1, so it isn't restricted by G1 accuracy.

15. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

wait were getting ravage kick ass if hes another color im assassinating hasbro lol and another problem is another 1 of those piece of shit transformers movies is coming out next year so thell stop classics agian for those toys o and there r red version of that plane by the way plus it doesnt matter b cuz its transformers and they need 2 b there colors

16. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

o and then explain all of the other repaints weve gotten

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...You're joking, right?

18. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

bout wut

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I've never seen a red A-10 Thunderbolt II other than pictures that have been photoshoped. Like I said, Classics=/=G1, so it isn't restricted to every single G1 detail (aka Powerglide doesn't have to be red). Also, could you post a little clearer? It's getting a little tough trying to read your posts and understand what you're trying to say (no offense, just being honest here). Just want to say that I'm not trying to argue, or get into an argument (not sure if I'm coming off like that or not).

Umm...explain what about them?

No, I am not joking.

20. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

ive never seen white ones o sorry yea i tend 2 write like that im used 2 typing quick in myspace o im not trying to argue either sorry if im coming off that way im just mad that we cant have the original transformers back u know i just want things 2 b the way they should like all this transformers animated stuff is stupid and the movie sucked my dad has bin waiting since the show started 2 get a movie and they give it 2 us and it sucks bad and now were finally getting classics and there starting 2 stray to far from what transformers is