Universe/Classics 2.0 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ultras are the size class imbetwen Voyagers and Leaders. In past lines it's the first size class that get's electronics built into them, though there have been some voyagers in the past that have had them (Cybertron Vector Prime as an example). It's the perfect size class for a Classics Galvatron imo. The only Ultra that I currently have is Cybertron Wing Saber. He's also the tallest Autobot that I have. It's the one size class that's price variates the most. They cost about $26 around me.

While I think that it would be awsome to get a Classics styled Ultra Magnus with armor, I don't think it will happen (even if Animated didn't have an Ultra Magnus of it's own), especialy when taking into concideration that we've already been given a Classics Ultra Magnus, even if it was just a repaint of Prime. Also, we've been told that there will be no more Trailers, as they are too expensive to produce. Personally, that doesn't bother me, as I've never really liked trailers (especially the one's that just sit there, and dont' really do anything at all). Depending on what size class his toy ends up being (could be a Voyager or Leader at this point), I think that the Animated UM toy will fit in with the Classics well. Not perfectly, but, a better UM than the Voyager repaint that we got in the first run of Classics.

2. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all the BAF love from Hasbro's Marvel line and now DC getting into the picture, couldn't we get a better BAF for transformers than Transmutate to go with the classics / universe?

A BAF Omega or Tryp or metro. It would be ultra sized when finished. That would rock.

I'll wake up now...:crazy: 

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with them doing something like that, as I plan on getting most, if not all of the new "Classics" figures. The only thing I would change about that would be the characters. I would personally prefer them do characters that are either lesser known/not as important character wise, or one that doesn't transform (Quints come to mind). I would rather have transforming versions of Omega Supreme, Metroplex, and Trypticon.

4. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is an awesome idea! Quints or nightbird or autobot spike!

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    ...okay, so the boxed Classics in the original were Voyager-sized and Armada Megatron is Ultra-sized? Okay, now I get the idea.

So Galvatron would be even bigger than Jetfire. Awesome.

I was thinking of something more akin to the 6-inch Titanium, only bigger and with certain improvements (sliding shoulders for one, and a less flimsy vehicle mode).

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ultra magnus (complete with transforming carrier)

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

.......micromaster Bigshot........

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker, Ironhide/Ratchet, Grapple/Inferno, Hound, Kup, Springer, Soundwave that doesn't blow, Shockwave, Stunticons, Cyclonus, Bludgeon

I'd like to see Sideswipe repainted to Red Alert too - would be a good Con exclusive I guess

And a wild, wild dream - Stormbringer style Thunderwing :eek: 

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  9. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I'd prefer a Thunderwing that was a combination of Stormbringer and G1.

I recall seeing a custom Thunderwing made out of Energon Megatron...

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a proper Wheeljack, we've had homages but not a true update on the character for quite some time

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well we already know it's a lie, what with a Universe Prowl being confirmed.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Brawn
    Wheeljack
    Hound
    Ironhide
    Silverstreak
    Jazz
    Prowl
    Ratchet
    Trailbreaker
    Powerglide
    Cosmos (unused Titanium 6" design)
    Kup
    Blurr
    Ultra Magnus (upsized version of Titanium 6" design)
    Rodimus Prime (upsized version of Titanium 6" design)
    Aerialbots
    remaining Dinobots

Shockwave
    Reflector
    Cyclonus
    Scourge (upsized version of Titanium 6" design)
    Insecticons
    Combaticons
    Blitzwing

Normally I would say Soundwave, but the Music Label figure fills the Classics spot nicely. And normally I would also include Springer and the Constructicons, but we all know how those chances already got pissed down the drain...

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Prowl. And make him actually look like or similar to G1 Prowl. Unlike what they're doing with Onslaught.

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not a "lie". Prowl was specifically mentioned by the Hasbro team at BotCon as an exception because his Animated and Classics forms are so different. The rule seems to apply only if the Animated and Classics alt modes would be too similar -- which makes sense to me. Therefore, a Classics Blitzwing would probably be out for now.

They hinted at a Classics Jazz, too, which would suggest his Animated alt mode won't be a white sports car.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, there are exceptions to the rules. We also know that if we get an Ironhide in Classics, that they'll eventually retool and repaint him down the line as Ratchet, but only after Animated Ratchet is off the shelves, so there is still hope for characters that are getting Animated toys to still one day get a Classics update (though I personally don't see them doing a Classics Blitzwing at all). Depending on his coloring, and what his alt-mode looks like (we've seen his bot-mode, but, not his alt-mode yet), we could still get a Classics update of Jazz in this first run (he'd be easy to repaint later on too).