~Universe (Classics) 2.0 Voyager Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shadow Convoy, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    2 questions, is he hard to find and how is the quality of the ladder accessory? thanks guys!

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Junkion Exchange ?

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    to go by my area very hard to find as i never saw a single one in store but as for online no idea

4. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is not terribly hard to find...got mine on ebay MISB for under $25 USD shipped.
    He does not come with a ladder.
    If you mean the Gear of War accessory, then it is very good quality.

5. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a Toys R Us near? Around here they still had a couple at some of the locations, along with other Voyager/Ultra Universe items.

+-MWG-+

6. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen him in months and even then barely saw him when he was released.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I see one or two at my local TRU every few weeks. I don't know if it's a TRU thing, but that's the only place I ever see him.

9. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I would counter this by saying that it's terrible, feels junky, and this Inferno fire truck is a pump truck and should not have a ladder.

10. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    thanks for the info guys!

11. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I have never seen this figure in a store (I got mine at Hasbro toy shop).

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

All I'm going to say on this is that G1 Inferno had a ladder. I want my Classicsverse Inferno to have one as well. Not to mention that Sunstreaker isn't exactly a Gallardo, Prowl isn't exactly a 350Z... Inferno doesn't have to be exactly like a pump truck. Now onto the topic-

Universe Inferno isn't too easy to find anymore. Up here around Seattle, he wasn't all too easy to find when he was initially released. You'd find maybe one or two every now and then.

Really, I don't think those cases shipped out much. Vector Prime was ridiculously hard to find (I simply never saw one), but that other not-Dropshot repaint kind of shelfwarmed... pretty much like Dropshot.

I just went and sprung for Henkei Inferno though. I like the brighter red.

Can't tell you about the Gear of War ladder though, I never bought the set. Vangelus had a good review on the set though.

13. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

Get him from TRU online, if you can. It's the easiest solution. He turned into a $40 retail item once he left store shelves.

It's a great figure. And I agree, he doesn't need an extending ladder (he's too small a fire truck) but he could have a smaller ladder perched on top...

14. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I didn't find him till the restock of him and Vector Prime, about a mounth ago, some ppl say hes real loose mine is fine just right, no clue on the acc pack though.

15. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another option for a ladder is to make your own. There seem like there are quite a few good tutorials on getting a ladder. A friend of mine maid one from a fairly cheap fire truck toy and I think he's got a basket on it.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    If you can find Inferno, definitely get it! It's a great toy. And if you have the extra cash get the Gears of War set too...Inferno's ladder is awesome, and you can attach the hose it came with on the ladder so it's not just a useless accessory. And you have rocket launchers for Sideswipe, Mirage and Red Alert (if you have them) and the great little Autoscout toy!

17. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Inferno is a great figure. Very blocky but surprisingly poseable.

The only problem is if you get Inferno, you'll want to get his buddy Red Alert. And he goes for a lot on ebay.

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't worry so much about the ladder, that is, if you want a robot with a ladder-punch weapon gimmick.

I was at TRU.com this morning and he's still there at a very reasonable price.

I love mine, which I got from BBTS ages ago. i only saw 2 of these guys on a shelf down here in my area, so i am glad i hedged my bets.

19. Screamer52488

Screamer52488 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had never seen him before TODAY so I picked him up! With them recently becoming available on TRU.com I'd say check your local store as maybe they got more chain wide and may start showing up again. He's great but mine came with 2 right hands!?! Has anyone else had this with him? It's not a real big deal as you don't really notice it right off but is this a common issue with him or did I just get a goof?

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Inferno in late December 2008 from HTS.com. I saw him once at one Target early this year and once at my local comic shop, which was scalping him ($45 each). Other than that, I didn't see him again until last month, when both of my local TRUs got 3 - 4 each of Inferno and Vector Prime (the latter of whom I hadn't seen at retail at all before). Those Infernos haven't sold very quickly, last I checked.