Universe/Classics 2.0 Silverstreak feedback thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by heshanj, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

No, you're not the only one. I like Prowl the best of the three, with Silverstreak in close second. It has been that way since G1.

2. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually like Prowl, it's just that mine has sticky paint syndrome and is too white (launchers). I'll get the henkei later on.

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am a bit biased but I like my two Prowl figures (Classics and Henkei). Bluestreak, on the other hand, I like his Classics version but my Henkei version does not work as well for me.

4. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My silverstreaks's doors had the sticky paint syndrome as well .. I tried to clearcoat it but it made it worse :(  not sure how to fix it now .. there are areas of the door that are more transparent than before after the clearcoat .... my prowl seems to be fine though which is weird

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i missed out on getting TFU Prowl, but will get him eventually. i have always liked prowl.

love the comparison pics.
    in some of the shots there are spooky similarities. (like the profile shot.)

6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Silverstreak today for my birthday and I have to say I like his colours much better then Prowl.

The mold looks so much better with these colours

7. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Silverstreak is easily the best out of the Prowl/Smokescreen/Silverstreak trio. His paint app is much sharper than Prowl's rather bland effort and doesn't look as garish as smokscreen. The deep red wheel trims help break up the monotony of the vehicle mode and the blue highlights in robot mode similarly jazz him up a bit more. The only thing thats really aggrivating about this mold is those door/ wheel arch arrangements. With a bit of care, you can swing them around with few problems, but more often than not they are prone to popping off! The only other thing that really marrs the figure is having the head resting on the bonnet, which makes him look really long necked. Other than that, I'd say this is easily one of the better (if not the best) figure out of the Classics 2.0 range.

8. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Just picked this guy up for £6 in Wallmart (I love sales) and I think he's the strongest of the Prowl/Streak/Smokes trio. In terms of pain he's not as garish as smokescreen, and he doesn't have an unpainted, bleeched out feeling like Prowl. The actual look and proportions of the mold are some of the strongest out there IMHO.
    I've got him stood next to his Alt big brother, so the two of them can shoot the breeze and generally talk each others ears off!

9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    N N N NECRO!!!

Picked this guy up at my local comic shop, loose, for $20...I thought that was a pretty solid deal.

Ive never had this mold, and I gotta say, DAMN this is an incredible transformer.

Lots of great paint apps, articulation through the roof. Very slick TFmation, integrated shoulder missiles, stowable weapon...

ROLLS like its on ball bearings...

SO very impressed with this mold. Even though I have the MP datsuns..this figure will have a permanent place in my collection for a long time.

10. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Nice grab! I still love this mold, and never really understood all the hate it's gotten over the years.

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WHAaaaa?!

Theres H8 for this??

Sheeeeeit..This is a SERIOUS gem..

12. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

The car doors come off easy on mine, but otherwise I really like him.
    The colors really pop.

13. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recall most of the hate this mold got was for QC problems...particularly the paint. It was REALLY bad on Prowl, but some Silverstreaks had issues as well. My Streak's paint was fine, but one of the ball joints on his upper legs was super-messed up and his ankles were too loose to support his weight....

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got some real hate for the Hasbro version of Smokescreen. Train wreck of a paint job....

15. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    True, I refused to buy one when they were out, same with Prowl. I really do like Silverstreak though.

16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the mold as well. But here's a list of "issues"

* neck makes him look down
    * doors pop off
    * sticky paint.
    * various other gripes which I don't get

17. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yeah, mostly for the reasons listed above, which I get, but I was lucky in that I got no sticky paint issues with either Prowl, Bluestreak or Smokescreen! Yeah the door/wings can pop off at times, but A) they can just as easily be popped back on and B) if transformed correctly, which can be tricky, they won't pop off to begin with.

But I've also seen plenty of complaints about the "low shoulders" (from people who didn't transform him correctly), the neck cuff (I never thought it was that bad) and the lack of feet/stability (from folks who didn't realize JUST how far down his feet are pulled out of the rest of the car, let alone the ankle tilt and heel spur)!

I will concede that Smokescreen's paint job is completely inferior to the Henkei version. But I'm ok with it as long as I DON'T see pictures of the Henkei! :lol