Universe/Classics 2.0 Silverstreak feedback thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by heshanj, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I love Bluestreak. Great update of my first TF ever. I'm still a little miffed at the black hood, wish it had been dark gray, but it looks better than I thought it would in person. Definately the character I wanted to see most in Classics 2.0.

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just picked mine up. I have no idea if the paint was sticky or not because I hit the whole car with Future floor polish before laying a single finger on the paint. I have no faith in this whole sticky paint mess so I took no chances.

Anyway, the mold looks much better in these colors. No complaints at all aside from QC, and the deco is miles better than Prowl.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    well, i got one in denver...and well, he's awesome...other then the paint being sticky and keeping my fingerprints on it...and that fact that his head isnt attached to his chest at all...

that really bugs me...the little joint that holds his chest to the hood/head portion isnt together at all...so, i gotta return him and get another one sometime...but other then that, he's pretty freakin awesome...cant wait til smokescreen...

4. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    LOL I have never popped off a single door on my prowl since I first got him. You need to learn how to transform your figures. Popping out the doors and rotating them so they face up and the headlight faces down is the first step. Then fold the headlight piece up before transforming the rest of the figure.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have not gotten the doors to pop off. I have two figures of Silverstreak, in which I painted one of them blue. I know the quality of the picture is not very good but you can get a small glimpse of it. Right after the pictures were taken, the Autobot symbol was removed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neither of my Silverstreak figures have the major QC issues with the paint, just a very small clip on one spoiler but no biggie.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The doors are on a ball socket joint, and those kinds of joints always tend to vary from one piece to another so it's not too surprising that some people have doors that pop off and some don't. I honestly don't believe it's a matter of 'not doing it right', especially on one like mine where the doors will pop off from almost any movement at all. I might add some clear nail polish to mine and see if it helps.

7. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Simply awesome. Much better than the Prowl version, it's solid, nicely painted and has lovely subdued colours. If the red had been the same shade as Sideswipe it would have been a disaster. As it is, this sits with Mirage (Henkei) and Sunstreaker (Hasbro) as my favourite so far in this line.

8. avmercenary

avmercenary Well-Known Member

The doors can easily pop off because of the ball joint, and the way the cup that connects to the ball joint is not a complete cup so it is able to allow movement at the price of being easier to pop off.

The problem with mine is that the ball joint where it is screwed into the hood is tight so that when I go to move it by gently pulling on the doors it pops off because of how stiff and tight the screws are. Guess I'll just have to loosen the screws to help solve the problem.

On another note I had to return my first one because the paint chipped off the doors, and when I tried to repaint the doors the paint did not go on smooth and still chipped off. My second Streak has a better application of paint but it still appears that there is chipping and wear by the wheel-wells.

Oh well nothing lasts forever....

9. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

LOL I popped off one of my door on Sliverstreak almost everytime I transform him, but not the other door. You need to learn how to accept the fact that you are lucky enough to get a good QC figure on those ball & socket joints, but doesn't mean that all the others that have the popping door issue aren't smart enough to handle a "Age 5+" TF toy.

10. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I picked him up today. have had no issue with sticky paint however his head/neck joing is uncomfortably loose. But overall i'm happy with him.

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    about the doors popping off...i manage alright with prowl, but silverstreak is kinda hard, coz my figure has slightly loose balljoints on the doors...dunno if thats a widespread thing..seems like it..or maybe my prowl has tighter-than-usual joints on the doors :D 

12. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Blue/Silverstreak looks far superior to prowl with all that paint.

13. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

They could have added some paint to some areas of Prowl, but thats what we costomizers live to do.

14. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

For me although I haven't got a silverstreak toy, looks like Silverstreak has a better paint job compared to Prowl because the white part on Prowl's door is sitcky and chips of easily. I don't know about the henkei if Henkei Prowl's paint is better than the Hasbro version, cany anyone enlighten me here ? :) 

** Only this Friday or Saturday will be the first time Silverstreak, Sideswipe and Ironhide will reach our local malls here. We will have a Grand Hasbo Toyfair and 2 LC gold Optimus prime will be the prize.

I'm just thankful that we have tfw2005.com and our very own Cybertronphils bringing us TF stuff here.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I wouldn't say that Bluestreak is better than Prowl because of an iffy and not entirely widespread problem with paint. With this toy and every other one I've gotten so far, I have no issues with this "sticky paint."

Picked this up a little bit ago and while it is a great toy, just as Prowl was, I still kind of prefer Prowl. Maybe it's just my thing for white.

Can't wait for Smokescreen now.

16. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've gone through 4 bluestreaks and they all had paint issues, my latest one has one door with an extra layer of protective coating, while the other feels sticky and will probably rub off. Also the windshield of mine has paint coming off too...

17. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    This toy would be so awesome if it didn't keep MY PRINTS ON THE WINDSHIELD!

18. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

So, are all the upcoming Universe/Henkei figures with paint on translucent parts doomed to have sticky/tacky/uncured paint?

19. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    No, just some. I haven't had that problem on any of mine yet. Not sure how I keep getting so lucky, but there it is.

20. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

Hmm. This gives me some hope that Henkei Hound won't prove a disappointment. Thanks.