universe/classics 2.0 repaints galore!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nsr46gamer, Jul 23, 2008.

1. nsr46gamer

nsr46gamer Well-Known Member

the universe line could go for another year and hasbro would never need a new toy mold. i mean think about it, the many molds there are now, including the original classics line, and they're also using molds from past lines like energon and cybertron toys. throw in a couple of bots with new heads and hasbro is set for transformers infinity!

im just saying the possibilities are endless. just to list some i was thinking of that might turn out kool:

motomaster/menasor - classics optimus repaint
    jazz - universe prowl retool
    inferno/grapple - cybertron mudflap
    warpath - classics g2 megatron(2 pack)

and they could even re-release energon omega supreme and cybertron metroplex in this line, like they are with unicron.

any other ideas?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think hasbro realizes we want a little more in our homage characters. Fans would be very diapointed if jazz wasnt an all new mold. Menasor would be to close to nemesis prime. Inferno/grapple really deserve a new tooling or else they should just repaint the energon tooling. There isnt a need to rerelease Omega if hes gonna be in animated, However if he wasnt i wouldnt mind a repaint with a more g1ish colorscheme. I do wish hasbro would consider doing metroplex with a new head as fortess maximus. Just look at those fan repaints there awesome.

That being said I'm sure we will see repaints of some of the molds you suggested I just hope hasbro follows their current trend of new characters or homages to 5th tier bots like micromasters for repaints

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually pass on repaints.

4. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I'm a sworn enemy of repaints....though I'm breaking my own rule by buying Sideswipe when he comes out.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    U2 is likely going to go on hiatus once the 2nd movie's toys come out next summer. So I don't see them going ridiculous on repaints. they are using repaints of previous molds that either havn't had one at all, or are popular molds to help "pad" the line so its more robust. They didn't have a whole lot of time to make this line as its not only a filler line, but they were pretty much forced to make it by the big retailers as they wanted realistic vehicle TFs to parallel the "kiddy" Animated look due to the high popularity of the Movie toy line. They'll likely bring it back AFTER the 2nd movie's toys are done, and if they do, they'll at least be a little more prepared for the eventuality this time around. I am speculating, of course, but not blindly so.

6. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I think Octane would make a better motormaster once you remove the wings, and Galvatron would definitely be a better warpath.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought that universe would become 25th anniversary after x-mas which i would have assumed would run through all of 2009. There really is no reason to loose classics/universe/25th for the movie. The toy line should be just random fan requested figures. At the very least they need to keep the deluxes going. Give them the space that went to real gears or fabs last year. They would have to sell better

8. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Way i see it, Sideswipe's got a new head mold and a different looking chest, so he certainly is the exception.

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd kill someone for a G1 repaint of Energon Omega Supreme.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Motormaster = maybe, but I prefer a new mold.
    Jazz = No, new mold.
    Inferno/Grapple = HELL NO! Mudflap doesn't fit the characters. I suggest the Energon figures like others do.
    Warpath = really deserves a new mold in voyager sized.

Omega Supreme can definately work and Metroplex too.

Basically, if there's a mold out there that's perfect for the character (like Energon Inferno for Inferno) then use it, otherwise, try to make an effort into making a new mold.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Make Undermine into a new Dinobot and CT DX Thundercracker,CT Vy Starscream & EN DX Starscream into G1 Strascream,Thundercracker & Skywarp repaints.

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Agreed with all points warpath could be a nifty ultra like powerglide.

13. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    No. No E/A/C repaints.

I want a new sculpt, boombox Blaster; a new sculpt, triple-changing Springer; and I want a new sculpt, 6-part, 6 unique vehicles Devastator.

They can do all the repaints they want - as long as it doesn't replace the chance for new sculpts.

14. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Repaints are a letdown

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm all for repaints but I'd like to see a few new molds before everything gets subjected to being repaints.

I think it would be awesome to get a new voyager Inferno mold, then retool it slightly for Grapple. Jazz really should be a new mold, then they can repaint it as Ricochet. I'd think Motormaster would be far too similar to the SDCC Nemesis Prime to work, otherwise I wouldn't mind it (but would prefer a new mold.)

I know there's other threads on it, but they also have a bunch of repaint fodder out already with the Starscream and Ramjet molds, not to mention Red Alert from Sideswipe and Smokescreen from Bluestreak. I hope they follow Taktomy's suit and release a retooled Ironnhide as Ratchet. Hell, they could even release Bumblebee as Goldbug.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I can see Jazz getting a new mold of his own. He does deserve it after all. As for Warpath, I think I'll be happy enough with his legends class figure, though I wouldn't turn down a Deluxe version of him, just as long as it's a new mold. I don't mind repaints, but if given the chance for a character to get a new mold rather than a repaint, I'd definetly go for the new mold.

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Jazz + new mold = me poor.

18. nsr46gamer

ok.... i know alot of you are totally bashing this thread, but the point of it was to think of current molds out there and try to see what g1 character it could represent in the universe line. i know hasbro would never do that, but i just thought it would be cool to see what others thought of. geez..... you guys are too serious and no fun. :(  imagination people........

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say bashing. They're giving their opinion. Ever since Hasbro announced the Allspark Power line (aka Transformers Movie: Encore :rolleyes2 ) repaints have been leaving a bad taste in the mouths of fans.

20. nsr46gamer

eh.... i suppose ur right