Universe/Classics 2.0 Cyclonus w/ Nightstick

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Picked him up a few days ago. He's a perfect example of what Classics should be.

Jet mode is flimsy, but his robot mode gives off so much nostalgia it's bonerific.

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know if I should buy him or wait til the Animated Cyclonus toy is announced.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Buy him NOW!!!

Universe Cyclonus is awesome. Jet mode isn't that bad as you might think from reading all the criticism here. If you align his parts properly when transforming him to alt mode, he can be pretty sturdy.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    After months of searching, finally snagged this guy at retail (sadly $7.77 is long since gone, I paid almost twice that to get him, *sigh*). I was kinda worried this would end up being like the Concept Camaro Bumblebee from the first movie line, all the hype behind the figure, months to find him, only to find people praising something very average. Thankfully this was not the case, and Universe Cyclonus really is as amazing as everyone makes him out to be. Maybe not my favorite Universe figure I have, maybe not my favorite deluxe I own, but really damned close.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cyclonus is rad. My only beef with him is that I wished the legs held together a little better in his alt mode, but it is just a nit pick really. I think I like the darker colour scheme of the Hasbro version then the Henkei.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Opened this guy yesterday. WOW.

Alt mode: 8/10 - a nice looking cybertronian/space jet with a slight tendency to bits getting misaligned. Still nice and evil/powerful looking and clearly Cyclonus in jet mode.

Transformation: 10/10 - the split leg halves, the way the almost entire nose of the jet vanishes into his chest, the wings flip this way and that and yet it is never complicated and doesn't fall apart. Just awesome.

Robot mode: 10/10 - may be one of the most perfect bot modes in any line - easily rivaling TFA Prowl. Awesome posability, tons of character, wicked light-piping eyes... just about perfect.

Bonus: The Targetmaster is just GRAVY. And it looks like a bot in bot mode and looks like a weapon in weapon mode. Nightstick has more posability than some of the G1 Targetmaster bots themselves, forget the weapon guys.

Overall: 9.5/10 - one of the best in the Classicsverse line, and one of the best TFs I've ever owned, period.

7. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got mine the other day. It is so awesome! The pics on the packaging don't do it justice.

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    hopefully TFSOURCE will get henkei cyclonus in soon and then cyclonus and his armada of 2 universe cyclonus will be completed...

9. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Just picked this guy up. The only thing that I wasn't digging was his unpainted face! I added some silver and am totally satisfied now. Super easy to do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Now that I have Cyclonus, one of two things are going to happen:

He's going to become Animated Cyclonus or just painted to look cooler than what he is now. The mould is okay, actually quite nice with his little friend and all, I like the shade of purple, but every other colour besides thet is just not comfortable working with the rest.

11. voldemort82

voldemort82 Voldetron

Ebay:
    Just got mine a couple of days ago and I must say he is awesome. Didn't regret one bit :thumbs2: 

12. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Finally managed to lay my hands on him - and in all honesty, I'd have to give him my vote as TF of the year so far. A clever yet simple transformation, tall, imposing and menacing in robot mode, and an excellent update to his G1 alt mode. Throw Nightstick into the equation, and it's all a huge slice of fried gold.

Dear Mr. Hastak - more like this, if you please. :rock 

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad I picked him up three months ago at Walmart.

14. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I had wanted to wait for Henkei Cyclonus, but I haven't had much luck finding him in T.O. yet, and the Universe 2.0 version was there at Anime North...

[​IMG]

...so I went and got him anyway.

Can't say I'm overly complaining, though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His alt mode is not entirely without fault - the nosecone tip can be a bit less than wholly sturdy when deployed, and more notably, the aft engine pieces can be tricky to secure and align with both the wings and the main hull properly - but he's still awesome, both with and without Nightstick attached.

It's neat how he has landing gear, that's not at all as obtrusive as it is on other figures (and yes I mean you, Titanium Jetfire!)

[​IMG]

In bio-mech form, it's a bit of a shame that the face isn't painted with a metallic silver, to bring it out a little - but he still totally kicks ass.

Plus, Nightstick isn't that bad either, and the arm articulation helps - though unlike Roots/Safeguard, he has no 3rd flyer mode to himself (but then, he's not really supposed to anyway).

[​IMG]

Here alongside my other new arrival - he's tall for a deluxe, and as you can see towers over Big Daddy.

[​IMG]

I think I understand why Scourge looks so angry - he's mad his toy sucks in comparison to the other two...

[​IMG]

Cyclonus can hold Nightstick in the right hand only, but either hand can be folded away to allow for the gun to be attached, Headmasters-style - and Cyclonus can be posed for battle, as seen when facing off against Classics Rodimus.

In all, he's a great figure, and I'm not sure I'd rush out and get the Henkei one if I saw it - but if I did, maybe I'd use this one as the basis for a Shattered Glass conversion, if such a figure isn't released one day anyway.

(Hell, his Decepticon logo is neither red nor purple, so I could pretend he's that Cyclonus anyway! Well, once I explain away the red eyes and funny colour scheme, I guess...)

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    eh?

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    As in bio-mechanoid.