Universe Classic 2.0 Silverbolt and Onslaught.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigRC83, Apr 16, 2008.

1. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    With the upcoming Classics Silverbolt and Onslaught there is the possibility of combining with other figures to form Superion and Bruticus. But something just crossed my mind. Hasbro can drop the ball and release the rest of the Arialbots and the Combaticons as BOTCON exclusives.

2. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Silverbolt? Huh, did I miss something. Are you sure your not thinking of Powerglide?

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

4. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Here to Silverbolt

5. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
  6. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks everyone. Looks good!

7. Dolza_Khyron

yay i beat you all to it lol!

any how, i don't know, i wouldn't mind seeing repaints of others as combaticons/aerialbots.

like, heavyload/grindcore *even though he's and autobot* and mudflap, will work as fantastic constructicons. i think, maybe cybertron scattershot, *either*, would work great as combaticons, along with, energon bulkhead, armada jetfire, and cybertron swindle. there you go, a combaticon army, they may not combine, but you still got them!

same could work with the aerialbots, cybertron thundercracker, energon skyblast, classics starscream, and classics ramjet, repainted as aerialbots, as well? maybe?

we don't need them to combine, after all :) 

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    What.................I would love for them all to combine. I would like to see all new moulds though.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No combiners.

10. Dolza_Khyron

sure, i would too, but i would also take the cheaper, alternative, too, of repainted cybertron/armada/energon/rid guys to g1 characters as well :) 

but, i like combiners too... but i just don't think they're necessary in such a small line lol

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

From everything we've heard, there is no possibilty of combining figures from these two. As for the rest of the 'limbs' being Botcon exclusives, that can only happen if they end up being simple repaints/slight remolds. And if that's the case then they're a far cry from real combiners.

If they do release the limbs, especially the combaticons, I'd expect them to be new mold deluxe Decepticons in the Universe line.

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

IMO, other than the name, Onslaught has absolutely nothing to do with the original G1 character. So why would he be a combiner? How can he even be part of the Combaticon team when his new vehicle mode isn't even military? I just don't get it!

I don't understand why half of the Classics line look like perfect updated versions of the G1 characters (for example: Sunstreaker, Starscream, Prowl, Optimus) and the other half have nothing to do with G1 (Galvatron,Blaster,Onslaught).

What makes Onslaught a "classic"? How can Blaster be a stealth fighter instead of a boombox??? Why would they even consider making Galvatron a tiny deluxe tank? Does Hasbro have any type of drug use policy for their employees? These are just some of the questions I keep asking myself.

13. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I think they're not calling it classics 2.0 (or some derivation thereof) because they're not keeping all of the altmodes as close to the originals as the first classics line did. I mean, they kept megatron as a gun, which is a pretty terrible altmode IMO (go ahead, shoot me (pun intended)). I think they could have left Galvatron as a cannon of some form and made it really neat, but that's not what universe is about I guess. I understand that sometimes imagination gets us cool things like beast wars but I don't understand why they're changing character's established altmodes.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    To be fair, Blaster doesn't really count. He's just a Cybertron repaint made to pad out the Universe line. I wouldn't really consider him or the Quickmix repaint to be actual Classics.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll make them combine!!!!!

16. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just happy they're making a Classicverse Silverbolt. I always liked him in G1 and never had the original toy. I don't mind about him not combining.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Other then the SWAT markings, Onslaught is still a combat vehicle, and he has a lot of nods from his G1 toy including a similar color scheme. I'll admit it was kind of out there that he'd go from an artillery truck to an armored assault vehicle, but the spirit is still there. But in the end, he's still has a far more combat oriented alt mode then Blastoff ever did.

As for Blaster, he's a repaint to fill out the line and a nod to a G1 character, simple as that. But a 'boombox' would be a horrible alt mode for a brand new mold.

And Universe 2 is NOT the same as Classics. Universe Classics are updated G1 characters but their alt modes are done in a more 'realistic' fashion. Where the original Classics had no problem doing the odd/futuristic alt mode, Universe Classics were said to try and stick to a more realistic design scheme. My only problem with Galvatron isn't that he's a tank (which in the end, the G1 version was a cannon with treads anyway) it's the fact that he's a deluxe. I can't even begin to imagine the awesometude that would have occured had this guy been an Ultra.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Your way way off base. Classics Onslaught has quite a bit in common with his G1 one self. For example his alt mode. On the one hand they are both believable as combat vehicles. On the other they are both made up. In both cases they took real military vehicles and added stuff to them that the real things never ever had. Cannons mostly, they both couldn't/wouldn't have them.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a Classics Bruticus and Superion, but I'm definitely not counting on it. Maybe some creative person can come up with a fan gestalt mode using characters from other lines for the limbs.