Universe Cheetor - Possible Missassembly/Modification?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vachidra, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Vachidra

Vachidra Active Member

Hi again, I was curious if anyone else who has managed to find Universe Cheetor has wondered if his arms are put together wrong. In their "official" position they seem way too high up, this makes them seem odd and kinda short, especially when compared to his monstrously long legs. The arm kibble also makes it nearly impossible to put him in any "relaxed" style pose.
    So this made me wonder, what if the panels the arms are attached to are reversed or something? Has anyone else considered this? I'd try it but he's still pretty rare around here and switching parts would involve knocking pins out, not impossible, but still risky enough to make me unsure about trying it without knowing for sure or being able to get a replacement if I messed up.

I've also been toying with a modification for him that would put his arms lower, this looks better and allows him to do that relaxed pose I mentioned

2. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I don't understand. What panels? The ones the arms are on that tab into the side of the beast head? I'm looking at my Cheetor right now and I don't understand what you're talking about.

3. Vachidra

Vachidra Active Member

Yeah, the panels that the arm ball joints are attached to, I don't know what you'd call them, they look like panels to me, so that's what I called them.

4. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, his arms tack on a little high, and his upper arms are too short, and it makes him look funky. I don't think it's a misassembly though, just how it's designed.

If you come up with a cool mod though, take some pictures!

5. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ah. Yeah, I don't think it's a missassembly. Shame. His arms are the only thing I don't like about him.

6. Vachidra

Vachidra Active Member

The mod I had in mind is based on how I position his shoulders a bit differently. I lower them so they're kinda braced on the side panels that fold out to the sides so they stay in a lower position, the mod I had in mind is cutting a small notch on the arm panels so that the torso panels will hold them more securely.