universe bruticus bio

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatronkicksas, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Spot-on bio. :thumb  Hasbro's doing their homework.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The first release was Scourge, and the second release was Cryo Scourge, both of which were in the Cybertron line. This here is the third release of the mold, and hopefully not the last one, as I wouldn't mind seeing either a Trypticon repaint of it, or a Hun-Gurrr repaint of it. A RID Megatron repaint of the mold would be interesting too, but since this here is RID Bruticus, I'm not sure it's something they would do, though it is most likely something I would buy anyways.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes please on Hun-Grrr, I've wanted him in that deco since I first saw the Legends version.

4. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Eh, not too fussed by this myself...I'm all for RiD references, but I'd much prefer product that references the actual show. Wake me up when they release Masterpiece Sky-Byte. :thumbs2: 

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When used on a figure of this size, 'The I crouch down on all fours to become a beast' transformation just smacks of indifference. One of the weaker molds in Cybertron.

I hope that this time they painted the head properly so it's just the mouth that lights up.

6. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do like the coloring on this figure I don't like it enough to buy the mold a third time. I also really wouldn't have any room to display it since I already have Cybertron Scourge posing as a pseudo Classics Predaking and Cryo Scourge is in storage.

7. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the mold, but having Flame Convoy and Cryo-Scourge I am definitely passing on this. I also have the Legends version as Trypticon, so yeah, just not gonna bite.

I do love the fact it is an RiD homeage, that is just plain cool.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    i thought it was almost a word-for-word copy of Bruticus' RiD bio but its not - just incredibly close.

9. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    definately getting this guy since i never managed to get the either of the first 2 versions of this mold. the paint scheme looks pretty cool too, so that is a plus.

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love this mold i hope its out soon!

11. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    pretty nifty bio

12. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Masterpiece Sky-Byte will take awhile.

His bio will be written completely in Haiku by a master of the art.

I'm loving the Bruticus though. RiD Bruticus was one of my favs from the RiD line. Probably because no one else loved him. ;)  And the mold definitely fits him.

Hun-Gurr. Not so much. The color is too plain for such a large figure. Dull grey w/purple just doesn't sit right, plus HG had two heads and not three...this color scheme just looks cool for a large figure.

Definitely buying this one.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

THIS.

AND THAT.

The simplicity of this mold does bother me, especially for the size and price, and considering that his articulation is lacking in a few spots. Don't expect a lot of great poses out of him... he's mostly good at standing there, and occasionally crouching.

However, I do still like the mold. I only have the Cryo-Scourge version because I'm not crazy about the original colours, and the matte blue and white areas on Cryo-Scourge really bring out a lot of the detail in the figure. I've also seen some interesting "weathered jade dragon" repaints that look dynamite.

But the RID Bruticus colours are just plain OOOOOGly! Hideous, really. I'll stick with my Cryo-Scourge (I call him Hun-Grrr anyway) for the moment, at least until a kickass Trypticon repaint comes out. Now that would be a nice interpretation of the character, even if the resemblance would stop at the colours. :) 

zmog

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This is kind of blah. I may pick him up once I see him in person.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Eh, I thought the moudl was quite well made. Simple isn't always bad if it's done right. The only thing I would add is swivels to the wrists.

And since it looks like the head WILL be painted, hopefully it is just the mouth taht glows.

16. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SMOG, here is a Trypticon digibash I did about 7 mo. ago after really wanting to see the same thing happen. Now that they are rolling this mold out again, and Universe is the line of repaints who knows...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That's a digibash? Wow, I don't remember the axe/hammer thing's head being transluscent.

This mold's articulation is weaker than most of the Cybertron line, kinda nerfed arms. He looks big and imposing though.

18. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Cryo-Scourge repaint had the translucent plastic where Scourge had yellow.

19. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hope a Trypticon repaint comes down the line, whether it be mainline, HTS exclusive, or future Botcon repaint...

20. Classio

Classio Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I don't waste my money anymore on this repaint crap. seriously, this is the third mold of this toy and I feel sorry for the idiots that buy these repainted molds over and over and over only to sell them 1-2 years down the road cuz they can't afford their rent or toilet paper.