Minor/Repaint: Universe Blot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dsn1014, Nov 16, 2009.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Hey everyone. I'm delighted to finally post a finished tf custom.

This is my attempt at a Universe style Blot. Don't worry this is a stand alone piece, I don't think I could manage a whole team. Forgive the Movie aesthetic, but I thought as he's a Terrorcon, the exposed parts and nimble look make for something that would be terrifying. Also he's not a monster, but a walker kind of business, works for me anyway.

There's a few mods,
    wings/walker arms
    gun mount which deploys forward in monster mode
    new head
    hand gun
    articulated hands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a sword for this fella, but the weather has become poorer and poorer for painting, so it's now on the long finger.

Feedback is always welcome, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

very cool. I really like the use of the mini red alert gun. I have to say though, I think the whole thing might be better served if the monster mode had arms instead of wings, but its still an interesting take.

3. dsn1014

Thanks man, I really liked that gun, so I'm glad I had the chance to use it, though I think it would be better served as the head mounted gun for a Bombshell should anyone ever choose to do one. (odds are I won't :p )

I agree he'd be more Blot if he had fists like his G1 self, but I was stuck for time, as I was getting this guy done for N_P's youtube contest and the deadline was today. So I've managed to convince myself they're blades and he likes to cut things up. Though from the same kit, I imagine I could make nice arms from Gundam legs, my only worry would be making him a bit back heavy. (Though that said in robot mode I think he might be a bit shoulder heavy)

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not familiar with the G1 character/toy, but I think you did a good job overall on this custom. :thumb 

5. dsn1014

Thanks man, Blot is a G1 character and a member of the Terrorcons, a combiner team that becomes Abominus.

I'm thinking about revisiting the beast arms if I go back to it.

Attached Files:

6. L_K

L_K Decepticon

Ebay:
    It is stylish.I love it.