Universe Blaster's legs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ramrider, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I got Universe Blaster a little while ago, but found that his left leg doesn't lock into place properly in robot mode, making it difficult for him to stand.

Is this a common issue? I want to pick up another anyway, but if I do so, will I likely still have to fix the leg?

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i dont have this one but i want to...when u say 'will i have to fix the leg', do u mean that u found a fix for ur faulty blaster? i just wanna know that if i get a faulty one, if its possible to fix it...sorry that i cant help out

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I haven't yet, but I probably can. I haven't got the leg apart yet to look properly, due to the pesky rivet, which I likely won't be able to shift till I can find my soldering iron.

I'm tryiong to find out if it's likely that a second Blaster will still have the problem. If it does, I'll have to find a fix anyway, if not, I'll be able to just keep the second one and use the original as kitbash fodder (believe it or not, it's mostly Blockrock that I want the second one for; the Blaster fig's just a bonus :p ).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  4. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have soundwave, but the same problem. What helped is to rinse the legs in really warm water. I planned to repaint it a flat gray, so I rinsed/scrubbed him really well, and suddenly the legs were stiffer, especially around the thigh area.
    I've also had this happen with older BW characters' balljoints.

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I've heard about this issue before, but out of the three versions of this toy I own, none of them have been subject to it.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I didn't get the problem with Soundwave. And it's not looseness in my case; when you straighten the right leg (this is the little joint just below the knee) there's a quiet but audible click as it locks in place. On the left legs, there's no click, and the leg doesn't lock, so he's permanently a little bow-legged.

That's reassuring at least. So if I shell out for another, there's a decent chance it'll be fine.

7. Tman978

Tman978 Really CHILL!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This mold has sucky legs.

8. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah. Sorry I didn't read very well. Sucky girly legs, and top heavy.

9. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm sorry to dig up an old thread but I was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution to this problem. The Blaster I have is experiencing the same thing and I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong in the transformation. There seems to be a hinge below the knee piece on each leg that actually causes the leg to bend to the outside (to the right for the right leg and to the left for the left leg) causing him to basically do a split below the knee and results a lot of trouble standing. In effect as mentioned above rendering him "bow legged". Maybe there is a way of locking it that i'm not aware of with this mold (I never had a cybertron soundwave).

I am well past my return period so taking him back isn't an option but I'd like to figure out a fix (or figure out if i am transforming the legs wrong) to make him more stable.

I'll try to add some pictures later when i get home ...

10. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

11. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    awesome idea! Thanks for the link :)