Universe Blades trouble

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shark Jumper, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got Blades today, but found out one of his launchers doesn't launch right. The missile sometimes gets stuck in the spring or the shot is so weak it just pops out of the canon a little.

I unscrewed the canon off to open it up, but the black part in front prevents me from opening it. I tried submerging it in boiled water and blowdrying it for a few minutes, but no luck. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

I really don't wanna return this one because I'm afraid the other one might have a weirder QC problem...

2. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

I dont know what to tell ya. Some launchers aee just like that.]

Id be happy if that was the only QC problem I had, since I never launch missles...

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have Blades I'll trade you left launchers :0

The spring wraps around too tight around the missile. I really wanna open up the launcher and see if it will be fixed if I reverse the spring or find a suitable replacement spring possibly from a clicky pen or something...

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one has any ideas? Before I box him up and exchange him. I pray I find a better blades tomorrow.

5. newguy

newguy i

The best thing to do is return it. or you can poke a needle in it and try to move the spring around.

6. newguy

newguy i

The best thing to do is return it. or you can poke a needle in it and try to move the spring around.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I think it's the spring, too. Something definitely isn't lined up right... But I can't think of any solvents that would let you access that. I had the same problem with my Energon Battle Ravage's launcher and no one could come up with a solvent or way in.

8. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Yeah, the spring was busted on my Universe Blaster's door, right out of the box, and it took some doing to fix it. On the missile launchers with two halves and a cap...Usually those cap pieces are just glued on, so if you waggle the part around a bit it can usually be forced off with a minimum of damage.

I say try to fix the one you have, first. Worst case scenario, you damage the launcher further and simply return it for another one. If you're worried about getting a worse quality figure, then just buy a second Blades, keep the best figure out of the two, be sure to swap out the screwed up launcher, and return the defective Blades for a refund. No one at the store is going to care one way or the other. And no it's not stealing.

9. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol I did that with an Animated Starscream because my first one had finger fall off issues.

Yeah I think I'll just exchange mine and pray for the best. If not I'll make Frankenblades -_-'
    Hasbro really needs to get their act together, the QC is getting really bad these days.