Customs: Universe Blades and his darned head...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ZeroGFrame, May 28, 2009.

1. ZeroGFrame

ZeroGFrame Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought I started this thread a while back, but now I can't find it... odd.
    Anyway, I'm trying to do a major mod on a Universe Blades (much like what Frenzy_Rumble did, absolutely amazing!!). But I can't get his head off!! Any suggestions? I'd love to know how Frenzy_Rumble himself did it...

It isn't the normal balljoint head, it looks like the head itself pegs into the black slider that goes down into the torso. The problem is that while there are a few screws, the torso is also held together by pins. I've heard a heatgun/hair dryer can help remove the pins, but I'd rather not go quite that far. Any thoughts? Anyone else removed his head?

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I think it's attached by a rivet from underneath. I also think I just ripped mine off using some pliers.

3. ZeroGFrame

Ebay:
    Hahaha... OK, good to know. That was going to be my next try, if all else failed. Again, I love what you did with him by the way!

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    thanks! good luck with yours. I had to also expand the cavity space in his chest to allow the new head to fit in.

5. ZeroGFrame

Ebay:
    Hmm, that's good to know too. Guess it's time to break out the Dremel! I'm less worried about that than those pins.

While I'm at it, do you have any good way to remove existing paint jobs, or do you just paint right over them? Turpentine doesn't even touch the stuff.

Thanks again!

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    let them soak for a bit in 91% alcohol, that should do it.

7. ZeroGFrame

Ebay:
    Oo, OK. I'll give that a try, thanks! I hadn't thought alcohol would do the trick.