Universe: Air Raid vs. Wind Sheer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Joe Moore, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Since Universe first started, many people wanted Hasbro to go back and pull out some of the better G2 molds, as many never got a proper color scheme. Eventually (perhaps too late) they started to do just that.

This 2-pack is one of the single best releases in all of Universe. Both figures have excellent new color schemes and are just as amazing looking as the originals. Not only are they extremely articulated, but they have practically flawless alt modes. Like I said, the color schemes are very well done. This is a highly recommended set.

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It's been said by others but the material quality, for the blue jet especially, is pretty abysmal even for Universe. The F-14 styled one, on the other hand, seems alright but still off from it's G2 counterpart.

3. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I saw these in the store & passed. The color schemes really turned me off. I actually find their G2 schemes a bit better.

4. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    I love them but the plastic makes them feel like chinese KOs. One of the missiles had white stress marks on mine and broke the first time I put it in Air Raid's hand :cry 

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I own both the G2 and this rerelease and, although the plastic isn't as good as the G2 release... my set didn't have the awefule plastic problems that everyone seems to be complaining about... guess I'm just lucky?

6. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I bought them and regretted it. Cheap cheap plastic, you can actually score it with your fingernail. The blue jet has always bugged me with it transformation. Easy to break and that one arm does not pass the chest piece very fluidly.

The upswing is the other jet. I love the design, excellent vehicle mode and thos ereally cool wings. Should have been priced as a basic for the cheap materials.

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Not a bad way to pick up some good G2 molds, but as has been said before the plastic quality is suspect at best. It may perhaps be better to pick up the Robotmasters equivalents, as many of the earlier Robotmasters seem to be on sale at a number of places.

8. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    of all the transformers I have bought in the last three years, say (300 tfs) this purchase are armada sideswipe tie for worst. Infact, I would go so far to say the only think that makes armarda sideswipe better is that I need him have the complete armada set.

This is a purchase I only recommend if you are a Universe Completist, or you can get it for under $4 after taxes.

Sorry I will be happier with a Wheelie reissue than these two.

When I think of good G2 molds I think of the Laser Rods, not these guys.

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I didn't have any plastic quality issues with my set. Those 2 are just as solid as Space Case is. Too bad HasTak didn't continue to use the Universe banner to bring other molds out here the US never got like the Predator jets or the Turbomaster cars.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I wasn't real thrilled with this set either. I was expecting something more like the RiD jets, and was instead left feeling cheated. I'm not a big fan of the missle launchers, and the transformations didn't win me over. Though it's hardly throw out bad or the worst TF's ever, they are a disapointment.

11. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

I love any Universe toy that gets released. These are no exception

12. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

I wish I had gotten them. They look really awesome.

13. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Well, I like the cyberjets (much better than the hunchbacked POS that is Wheelie), but the blue one's red connector pieces really are made of cheap, soft red plastic. It's the same crap Hasbro used on U. Razorclaw to cut costs, and I hate it. He was stressed when I got him out of the package.

The other guy is made of much better plastic.

I don't really regret owning them, though--for one thing I got them as a gift, so I didn't pay for them anyway, and for another, I think they're fun to play with. They were a good deal at retail, but probably not by now, since eBay is probably your only hope.

14. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, after examining these two again, I will say Wind Shear is a very good toy for his size. Air Raid however..... Might as well throw him on the grill next time I fire it up.