Universe Aerialbots... at WAL-MART?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I just talked on the phone at length with my mom about this, and I wouldn't post this if I wasn't 100% sure it was Aerialbot Air Raid, but... my parents are on vacation in Fort Myers, Florida, and they just found at a local Wal-Mart the Universe Aerialbot Air Raid. He was the only one there. After I had my mom describe what the toy looked like in detail to make sure she had the right toy, at first I thought maybe some guy just took it back there and the doofus behind the return counter didn't even scan the toy or anything, he just refunded whoever brought the toy in. But.. when they brought it to the checkout... IT RANG UP. At $4.95. Mom told me it rang up as "ATTXTFCYB", which sounds like an Attacktix booster pack, though I'm not sure why it would ring up as that since it's completely different product.
    So either this is a REALLY odd string of events-- not only did someone return an Aerialbot to the wrong store and they accepted it, put it out, and then the scanner somehow rang it up at a price that was pretty close to what KB is charging, or some Wal-Marts may be getting in temporary shipments of the Universe Aerialbots and giving them the same SKUs as Attacktix boosters for the short time they're there. If someone out there has a better idea of how this could happen, if they know how Wal-Mart policies regarding this works, I'm all ears...

2. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

We all know that "mom reports" are infallable.

;) 

Just kiddin... sure sounds like something odd. When will you have it in your hands?

3. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Wednesday.

Sounded exactly like Air Raid, she went into a LOT of detail on it... "Tiny black jet, with little bit of white poking out from the bottom, card says Transformers Universe: Aerialbots, Micromasters series 4.... name's Air Raid, comes with a pair of white legs... says to combine six of them to form Superion. The bubble hasn't been ripped off and re-taped or anything." That's what she said, I can't see how it could be anything BUT Air Raid...

4. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

Beastbot so you still need these then? I've seen them at Big Lots in the area, well the one I got them at, but I can keep looking around and keep you updated if you want.

5. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ooo, yeah, if you could get the rest of them besides Air Raid and Ro-Tor, the latter of which I already have and the former of course is the subject of this thread, I'd be much obliged. If you want to talk in more detail about it, though, PM me so the thread doesn't get off track.

6. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Can the Aerialbots micromasters hook up with Protectobots set? That Defensor sorely needs a Blades, and Ro-Tor would make a good substitute.

7. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    I know Devastator and Defensor are compatible between limbs, so I assume the Aerialbots are the same. However Ro-Tor forms the back part of Superion, so he'd have to replace Groove.

It would be nice if I could find the Aerialbots, but since I'm low on cash anyway, it may just be the universe's way of leveling things out...

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I actually have a crazy story like this. It happened to me. I bought some toys at Wally World a while back, some TF's, Batman legos, whatever. maybe it was $20-25 worth, not much. anywho, I paid with a card and was in a rush, so I didn't notice till I got back to work that the Batman Lego Catwoman vehicle (9.88) thing rang up at 99.88 or something very close to that.

I thought maybe someone at lego messed up on the bar code or something, I look at the UPC on the box and it was a cardboard cut-out glud on top of another UPC (the original one!!!) - which when I later returned it because of said flaw, I learned it was the "Lego Batcave" UPC, it said so on the screen when I returned it.

I had the rest of my bag with me - they gave me no trouble returning it, as I was quite upset. (wouldn't you be?) those customer service people see "lego" and don't see price is a bit high? then again, some Legos are small and somewhat expensive. but you don't need to many smarts to figure a hundred dollar lego set should probably be BIG.

So as far as I can figure, if you didn't put 2+2 together yet, someone bought a Lego Batcave and a Catwoman set, possibly at the same time, cut out the UPC for the batcave, glued it onto Catwomans' box, and returned her- AND GOT $100 BACK

Now I can understand being busy, and whatnot, but how do you not notice a very small $10 lego set get returned for freaking $100? whoever the hell did that must have some reall balls and be a real prick, to say the least. I mean, what if I lost my reciept? it was a credit card and I'm always buying toys, house supplies, whatever, so even if I saw $125 spent at Wal Mart, I probably wouln't have blinked twice.

I can understand why someone (an asshole) would do that - $100 Batcave for $10 Catwoman cycle price. Man I hope he gets caught someday, although, he probably won't.

While that may not be your case, as it was 4.99, it reminded me of that
    something to keep in mind. especially this time of year. watch what your stuff scans for and have a look at your receipts.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I agree with Optimus Scourge. I'd check to see if the upc is the original or not. Though it doesn't seem to be worth all that trouble to return a $4 for $5.

10. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    my big lots don't have them

11. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Alright, got it today, and... *sigh*... it's not Air Raid. Instead, someone put the old Japanese Micromaster version of the Air Raid mold-- which is nearly identical in vehicle mode actually, but with a dark blue instead of black-- with the corresponding legs in the package. They also did a REALLY good job resealing the package as well, I have to give them that... I was all "WTF?" until I saw the tiniest little off-set on one small corner compared to the actual card....

That still doesn't explain why the Wal-Mart computers rang it up, though, as it's the original UPC as far as I can tell.

So, um... anyone want the original Japanese Micromaster version of this mold? Looks to be in good condition, only $5 + shipping... If anyone's seriously interested, I can take pictures...:poke 

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Ah, sucks, but wasn't unexpected either.

I'm going to go with it being some sort of fraudulent return - someone bought an Attaktix booster and tried to pass this off as it to get the money back. It didn't scan of course, so it got manually added as another UPC for an Attacktix booster? Your mom didn't seem to have any difficulty in purchasing it, at least none you mentioned, so it had to be done beforehand. Still odd, the guy couldn't have just stuck your new Sixwing member into the opened booster?

13. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's several things about this that don't make any sense...

14. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i seen astrotrain he's not a japanese bullet train

15. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Are you sure it isn't a knock-off? Last weekend I took toy hunting road trip, and stopped at several "Big-Lots" stores. Three of these stores had KO Mircomaster gift sets, including the Aerialbots, for $4.00. Allthough I didn't buy the Aerialbot set (but I did grab a Micromaster style G1 Constructicon set and it is cool), I do believe it had a dark blue version of the "Air Raid" mold.

Seems to me, that someone most likely bought one of these knock off sets for $4.00 and also bought the real Aerialbots for full price. Then, this person put the KO's in the Hasbro packaging and started returning them to get twenty some dollars back (depending upon his original prices).

16. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    That might be it, I wasn't aware there WERE knockoffs of the Micromasters... The stickers on the gestalt legs do look rather cheap...

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow. Sounds like someone REALLY went to a lot of effort to get $24 of TFs for $4. Gotta wonder how much time and gas (and glue) he/she spent to do so.

[​IMG]

18. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

I think these are legit, I saw some of these in TRU in Hong Kong today. They definitely looked like Micromaster sized aerielbots...

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What... do Astrotrain and his train mode have to do with this thread?

20. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Been too long to bump this thread so I'll mention it here. Found three of these at my local Big Lots for $2 each. Now seriously, why the hell were there only three there? It's a set of six dagnabbit!

Here's the bizarre thing though: Big Lots also had a knockoff set of the Sixwing/MM Aerialbots, only they didn't come with the combiner kibble and were upszied. That's right, KOs bigger than the originals. Especially odd since the knockoffs of MM sixtrain and sixbuilder were the correct size and had the combiner parts, right next to the downsized MM-scale G1 constructicons KO.

But seriously, when is kbtoys.com going to have these?