Universe 2.0 Superion Maximus?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by firstpredacon, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ah, I didn't know they were about the same size. For some reason I was thinking one was a bit shorter than the other. I'll just use my Classics Devastator as a reference then.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Good, that means that Superion and Bruticus (once I have them) should display nicely with the rest of my collection. Especially with Devastator. Here's hoping it isn't too long before we get some more info on Superion and Bruticus.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heck, I'm just hoping that the main body isn't named "Silverbolt". I've already got a regular sized Classics Silverbolt...

Chris

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You just know he will be. The only reason there was a Hightower in the Devastator pack was because they didn't have the names Hook or Mixmaster. I'm expecting only Slingshot to be dropped from this team - perhaps replaced by Powerglide (there's a red A10 there).

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You could always do what most people, including myself, have done with Tankor, and call him something different (in this case Octane). Now, if the somehow print the name on him, it'll be a little harder, but removing it wouldn't be that hard to do. Personally I'm going to call him Silverbolt no matter what, as I like this mold more than I do the Ultra one. I'll do the same thing with Onslaught if we do indeed get a 5-pack, and if he's colored like Onslaught, or at least Onslaught-ish. Though it is going to be a little hard passing up on the Ultra Onslaught mold...

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I don't really like to change names though. I'm going to have to switch identities of Skydive and Air Raid in the upcoming Aerial Rivals pack though - Air Raid in the pack resembles Skydive's G2 Aerialbot form and Skydive in the pack resembles Air Raid's G2 Cyberjet form. So I'll just switch the two around and make up a story in my mind about how they have to pretend to be each other to fool someone or they'll get in trouble.

And Tankor is Octane's new name, no different to how Bumblebee started calling himself Goldbug back in G1. Or how Armada Smokescreen started calling himself Hoist when he got a new body. Okay, Tankor is different in that it was a forced name change because Hasbro didn't have the name Octane anymore but its still clearly him. There are times when I don't say they're the same guy with a different name though. Micromaster Aerialbot Ro-Tor isn't Blades with a new name, its RiD Ro-Tor undercover as an Autobot. Micromaster Constructicons Hightower, Buckethead and Quickmix aren't Hook, Scrapper and Mixmaster with new names - Hightower and Quickmix are undercover Autobots from the RiD universe and the G1 universe respectively although they don't know each other's true allegiance while Buckethead is a new guy who secretly deactivated Hook, Scrapper and Mixmaster just so he could join the team.

Its quite fun to work Hasbro packaging names into a storyline. The storylines write themselves when you think of why things are different from before. I don't find it any fun to just rename a guy or change his identity without good reason just to match a previous form.

8. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Did anyone save the pic(s)? If so can they email them or pm them to me? I'd appreciate it.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I haven't figured out what to do with these. I want them for my collection, but they'll be dwarfed by my custom combiners..... I was thinking of these being lil drones the larger combiners controlled, but I wouldnt' wanna call it superion maximus with a much larger superion standing right next to it :lol 

10. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They would have to do one hell of a kob recolouring them to G1 for me to be interested.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd say Superion Minimus, but that's the Micromaster :lol 

12. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    um... i got the pics if anyone interested

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not saying it's a bad thing to do, but, that's just more complicated than I would want to do (I understand it, it's just way more complicated than what I would ever do, aka, I'm lazy, lol). Personally, I like the name Octane more than I do the name Tankor, so that was the main reason I go with it. Most of the time when I rename a TF it's because I've either kitbashed it, or I like the name for that bot better than the one Hasbro gave it. Another example is Cybertron Armorhide, who I call Pipes. Other than that I usually go with the name given to them by Hasbro. Depending on what names these Airialbots are given, I might change their names to better fit them. I'll probably do the same thing with the Combaticons set.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I generally prefer the names that Hasbro gives them. That way, if they show up in fiction, it'll all match nice. The only exceptions are when they simply can't get the name. Silverstreak/Bluestreak and Tankor/Octane can still reasonably be called by their old names since it's the same character. However, Mixmaster & Hook are gone, and a new constructicon called Hightower replaced them in Classics.

Which I think the club fiction (the only official fiction we have) did...

Chris