Universe 2.0 Screamer=more Classic repaints?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    because they released both a Classics Starscream and a Universe 2.0 Starscream as the same mold, do you think they could do that for other characters?

i know id love it cause imissed Classics first time around and would hate to bankrupt myself for a few older molds

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i wouldnt mind if they rereleased all the older classics molds with painted on insignias, im not a huge fan of rub signs. maybe some better paint application, amazing how black paint made Classic BB kick all kinds of ass.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who knows? I was kind of surprised that they released Screamer like this. Though, considering that they're trying to do a little bit of all the generations in the 25th part of Universe... I probably wouldn't hold my breath for them.

If anything, you could at least import the Henkei versions of the characters and than you wouldn't have to pay the really high eBay prices to get some of the original Classics in package.

4. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I think Cliffjumper is slated for an all-red reissue of the Classics mold.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Online reports that he might be getting a 'Premium' repaint for the Universe Special Edition HTS Exclusive line as a part of wave 2... but I don't think wave 2 was actually made official yet and it was only confirmed for Australia or something like that.

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably just a one-off thing to celebrate G1 by taking a memorable character & making him look closer to his G1 cartoon version.

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that and give us the seekers from the botcon set.

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Someone had to start...

THAT clusterfuck aside, I'd love to see moar gun Megatron, but I believe Hasbro doesn't want to do that at all, not even in the previous colors. Most of the other original Classic molds are either already covered or have new, somewhat-appropriate characters made out of them. Only Rodimus and Astrotrain are untouched, plus Ramjet if you count him separately. I think that set of Classic molds is getting a fork stuck in it.

Besides, not like we don't have some nice new 2.0 and Universe molds to add.

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    im surprised about classics 2.0 screamer too....i got the henkei version which is very toon accurate so i guess i'll pass on this...and i already have the henkei versions of classics 1.0 so not really interested..but im pretty sure it'll delight a lot of people who missed on classics 1.0..

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I got the Henkei Screamer, and will get the repaint. Mainly because Henkei is gray like the toy, and Hasbro is white like the cartoon. I'd like to see more 1.0 classics re-released with updated paint. Give us a Hot Rod like Henkei, but with a yellow spoiler instead of gold chrome.

11. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I am ecstatic that they are doing this for starscream! Great job on Hasbro for deciding to do so, though if they had done it right the first time this wouldn't be an issue. I don't understand why they insisted on going all wild with the paint colors/stripes and not just keeping them true to the character as they looked in the show.

I would without a doubt buy the other classics if they were to re-release them in show accurate colors like they are in Henkei. I hope they do that. ESPECIALLY for Astrotrain and Megatron. Since I'm name dropping I'll also mention Jetfire/Skyfire, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, Skywarp, and make a Thundercracker.

But upon hearing this news I will definately be saving some money to buy 2.0 Starscream. I was going to get a Henkei version, but I much prefer a US version done right which is exactly what Hasbro is doing with Starscream 2.0.

I just hope they decide to do the same for the other classics they mispainted the first going around, and so new fans who just came along into the hobby after the movie hit can have their chance to get those characters too. I'd probably buy a few for my nephews as well since they're almost at the age they might be able to transform them and enjoy them. They love the transformers I have, including some of the classics, and they always ask to play with them.

12. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I doubt Hasbro will make Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust. Only due to the fact that they have a deal with Botcon's organizers. The only way they'll make Thundercracker and Dirge is if the colors differ slightly from what Botcon got, and Trust has a different wing assembly, which was probably destroyed by now. The only way we'll get a Trust is if Hasbro a) Repaints a Starscream or Ramjet in Trust colors but leaves out the unique wings or b) Repaints Armada Thrust in G1 colors (most likely). Dirge is getting a kinda release through Target (as a repaint of the Voyager Cybertron Starscream) and Thundercracker is seing release in Japan. Since I have a Thundercracker, the only ones I would like to get someday now are Dirge and Thrust, but I am not going to go nuts trying to find them.

13. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

After seeing starscream i fully expect them to do the classics prime more akin to the henkei version/g1. Cause thats one that was really botched with just a lame color scheme, when its pretty nice mold when painted nice. Plus we havent gotten an optimus in the line yet sans the "special edition deluxe exclusive. It'd make a good jumping on point for people.

I don't think they'll redo every character, but optimus just seems so natural. But truth be told, i'd love to have a new optimus that was more accurate, and pretty much a shrunken down version of the masterpiece prime.

maybe megatron, but i doubt they'll do him like the henkei version, but i could see him being offered and repainted.

14. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I'd go for Optimus repainted more like the Henkei version because I didn't like the first released and I passed on it. He just didn't look right but I could never pin point what all it was. He just didn't look quite like Optimus Prime to me. Maybe it was all the excessive silver. I know for sure I really couldn't stand that roof spoiler thingy. It would be nice if they made a trailor for him too. My nephews prefers the original optimus from all the Transformers I let them play with BECAUSE it's the only one with a trailor. They love the trailor in a Tractor-Trailor truck.