Universe 2.0 Ratchet- high demand or low supply?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matt_M, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    It seems out of all of the Universe Classics 2.0 line, Ratchet is the hardest to find. I feel like I'm missing some story here- is it that he was (and is) super popular, or was his run pretty short?

$40 for a deluxe released last year is just wrong! :( 

2. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

It was the last wave of deluxes and it didn't seem there was much of him around.

Maybe they didn't produce many of them since it was at the end of the line.

3. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I only saw two in retail when they came out and both of them were at TRU

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Low supply. That wave of figures was one of the last waves of toys released before everything switched over to ROTF. Ratchet and Hot Shot never really got to hit full saturation before Universe was pulled off the shelves to make room for dozens of unwanted Chromias and Wheelies.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    This happens to pretty much any wave that's released at the end of a line's life. I can't believe he's going for $40 though, I got him from the Junkion a few weeks ago for half that.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I never found Ratchet at my normal retail outlets where I usually get my TF's.

Instead, I found him at, of all possible places, my local Kroger supermarket, which never got the jump on Transformer toy waves before the Target down the street, and this surprised me greatly.

Classics Hot Shot never was within my grasp, though, which sucks because I wanted that updated version of my first TF.

7. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're going to pay $40, get the henkei version (should be available for about that price if you look around for a bit).

I know its a little off topic, but I had the same problems with legends Wheelie, Warpath and Cosmos. Never saw any of them at retail even once. Terribly disappointing (especially since I haven't been able to track down any of them yet).

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Get the Henkei version.

He's a lot cheaper (if the Universe version is indeed going for $40) and has a more G1 accurate colour scheme.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    :confused: 

Now I can't believe that you guys don't see much of him around.

We have him in abundance. In fact, so much till he ended up in the clearance corners practically in all major retail outlets.

Shelfwarmer he is, even till the day when he got recalled finally. :lol 

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Never noticed because I got the Henkei version. MUCH better and worth the price.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    only ONE store got two of him, a wal-mart in a little town a few miles away.....thank gawd my brother bought one for me, or else i wouldn't have him

12. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

Same here...i never saw the legends figures either...grabbed two sparkcrusher repaints off ebay for super cheap...that gave my warpath fix something to munch on...he is one cool repaint!

13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I found cheap Universe 2.0 figures at my local Krogers also! I've never heard anyone else mention this. The Kroger nearest my house even clearanced them down to $3.25. Unfortunately, the toy area was run by a moron who never put out more than 2 figures at once, and no one knew where to find them in the back, which pretty much meant I had to buy several Dinobots and Smokescreens (returning them to other local Krogers that had more of a real selection) in order to end up with the figures I wanted. Ended up with 3 Ratchets, I think, but only one Hot Shot. And I'm still kicking myself for not going whole hog and buying up Acid Storms, Silverstreaks, Ironhides and Sideswipes (which I recall a couple other locations having in abundance). I think the other Krogers only went down to around $5-$7 before they were all sold.

Didn't know Ratchet was going for $40, though. That's kind of insane!

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had slight luck with those Legends figures at Meijer. Found Wheelie, Cosmos and Rodimus at about 30% off clearance, but only one of each. And I had to haunt LOTS of Meijer stores to get them.

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The gray crest on Henkei Ratchet killed it for me, especially once I found that the random black on the Classics version worked for me. Plus the Classics version doesn't have any of that damn random Henkei chrome. Neither one had the preferred red helmet/white crest look, though.

I had to drive to another city to find the last wave of Legends Minibots. I got Wheelie and Warpath, but never did find Cosmos. :( 

16. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    We had a lot here in Ontario.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he was abundant here, and i never once seen the legends in store here, got them from someone on the boards for a good price, i got the wave before of minibots in stores though

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    he was sitting unwanted here at a meijers for a long time after his release. but only that meijers. other stores never seemed to get him or hotshot, or if they did, they must have went fast.

I was gonna buy one to turn into a shattered glass inspired soundwave, but they finally sold before I had the chance.

19. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

I haven't even opened my Ratchet yet...still debating on wether or not I should...Prolly have to when I finish my Wheeljack so I can do a group shot...

20. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I had a super hard time finding him. I eventually got him in a suncoast video store before the end of his release.