Universe 2.0 Prowl Question (about his paint)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

OK. I bought a Universe Prowl shortly after he came out (I was SHOCKED that he was in my Walmart even before they had Animated toys), and he had the sticky paint plague. I loved the toy, though, and he's been handled enough that the paint on his doors and windshield looks pretty ugly (dirty and some of it's rubbed clean off).

Now, my parents sent me a Universe Prowl for Christmas (since I now live about 2000 miles from em and I can't make it to visit this year)... I haven't opened it yet... I heard rumors of a running change in the paint quality, and while I know it's a rumor... I'm wondering if there's any grounds for it? Or is it maybe just a hit-and-miss like the one I have? Is there any number on the package to look for that would indicate it's a later batch that may be better? Or is it a case of I'll find out when I open it?

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    The paint IS better, but it can still rub off.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Most Prowls don't have the sticky paint issue, and it's been blown out of proportion a bit. If the new Prowl does have sticky paint, just take some clear coat and give the pieces a coating or two. Simple fix for a little issue.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm beating my own dead horse here...

I got a Prowl when the toy first came out, it was actually the first I saw of the Uni2.0 line and I immediately picked it up. It had no sticky paint whatsoever. And I actually had no inkling of such a problem until I joined this board last month.

Same goes for every other figure I've picked up thus far, be it Ironhide, the Lamborghinis, or either of my Bluestreaks (just bought a second one yesterday for kitbashing). No sticky paint.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The same thing here...This year, I have picked up 2 Sunstreakers, an Ironhide. 3 Sideswipes, a Prowl, several Bluestreaks. The extras were for kitbashing. So far, I have never had a problem with them with the paint applications or any other QC problem that has mentioned. My Prowl is the one that I got in June and it is still fine.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    bought one back in june...no problems except than it's seems to start yellowing?

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

That makes me feel a lot better, thanks guys!

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My Prowl was a little sticky when I first opened him. After being left on a shelf though, the paint seems to have set. Not sticky at all any more.