By Generation: Universe 2.0 Ironhide/Ratchet Posture and Arm Modifications

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Superquad7, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This tutorial is thanks to two particular TFW2005.COM members, spoonman and rumble619.

What you'll find below is a tutorial on modifying Universe 2.0 Ironhide and Ratchet so that the overall posture on the figure is improved. Note that this is a permanent, physical modification. So, once it's done, there's no turning back! You've been warned! I highly recommend reading over what both members have to say about this topic, review what they've done, and then move on with things.

If this is something that interests you, proceed on!

There are some preliminary notes from some other members regarding this project, and those are presented below:

Could either or both of these be done?

Right, and some have said that the alt mode can be dramatically affected. It looks like a few of you guys here have done this mod. Here's a nice "after" photo of the alt mode that simonatmac has posted below (many thanks!):

[​IMG]

With all that said, let's get started!

spoonman shares:

"This could be a tutorial as well, so I'll post it there to, but wanted to share this with you guys and gals.
    So was anyone else irked by Ironhide’s “Sumo-Pose?” His arms not being able to fold down completely made him look like he had an underarm rash or he was doing his Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man impression.

If you pop off his arm and take apart his shoulder you will see the bits preventing his arms from falling by his sides. Just grab your trusty X-Acto blade and trim away the excess plastic (I highlighted them in yellow in the pic above. Just cut away the plastic under the yellow lines):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since his shoulder is held together with the two screws, you don’t need to keep that tiny peg, you see. So cut that little bastard outta there! Screw his shoulder back together, pop his arm back into his socket, and PRESTO! Ironhide is on his way to better posture! Couple that with the tutorials you’ve seen about making his head sit flush, and this figure has got potential!

[​IMG]

Thanks for tuning in! Bash away, bashers! Bash away!"

rumble619 shares:

"Here are some pics of my modified Ratchet. I don't know what problems others have had with theirs but I've had no problem with mine at all. It’s such an easy and awesome mod and I would highly recommend it based on my experience with it. Thanks, spoonman! Now I just got to get around to the neck modification. I hope this helps you guys out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweet rumble619 that's perfect! (For me at least) I bet that is probably what SQ7 was looking for too. I hope you don't mind but I threw the pic in Photoshop and painted over that little paint blemish so no one has to get confused when SQ7 puts this in the tutorials section. I also made a copy of the repainted image and circled those red modified parts in green, just in case SQ7 want to use that instead.

No problem. As you can see the cut (the two red spots on each side) is so small that with a little paint, you won't even notice them. Just to let you, know the paint in the middle was chipped from a fall he took. It has nothing to do with the mod at all. I've also included a shot from underneath just in case:"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.