Minor/Repaint: Universe 2.0 Galvatron: "Real homicidal maniacs wear purple!"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by t.for.transform, Jun 4, 2010.

1. t.for.transform

t.for.transform Well-Known Member

This is my first custom on TFW :rock 

After seeing Will of Unicron's Galvatron Comes to Life, I decided to give a shot at mine. He's still a work in progress but here's what I've gotten accomplished so far.

Here's a link to his because I give him full credit since his inspired me: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/307137-galvatron-comes-life.html

I used Testors Light Ghost Grey for the base coat and tank hull and I'll be using Testors Dark Ghost Grey for his leg accents. I figured since according to the movie (1986) he was Megatron reformatted, and according to IDW he's crossed back over from the Dead Universe, Ghost Grey just seems to fit.

I'm keeping the factory translucent orange for his cannon... I like the the translucent plastic because it kinda gives off an energy kind of vibe.

The purple is dark, but I like the way it turned out. It's an unknown mixture of Testors Insignia Blue, Guard's Red, and Flat White that I don't think I could recreate if my life depended on it (0400 combined with sleep deprivation and chronic insomnia, potent mix but bad for remembering mixtures).

I still have to finish up his other leg and the tank hull, add a few more tough up to the orange joints, and tough up his face and then Galvatron will be able to blow away anything that moves for no other reason that it moved, Autobt and Decepticon alike.

And yes the pictures aren't that great, but the only camera I have is the built-in webcam in my MacBook.

Any thoughts, criticisms, and advice is always welcome.

Attached Files:

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm Thundercracker fanatic

cant believe no-one commented on this, this is an excellent little paintjob mate! might try it with the galvie im getting this weekend

3. t.for.transform

t.for.transform Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate it :) 

4. winstonojo

winstonojo Primal

Ebay:
    Cool. Love anything to do with Galvie.