Universe 2.0 Bruticus Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by zephon, Nov 14, 2008.

1. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    amazing what a little dye job can do to those ugly colored clear parts...

Attached Files:

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here are my tank feets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just unfold the robot feet flat, make a right angle with the clear bits, connect, and adjust the tank treads as needed. I doubt it's original, but I've personally not seen it elsewhere.

You can bend the robot's knees back a little and make it pretty stable, to my surprise, and I like the look of the weapons only barely jutting out from the front. Feels like a good visual balance. It also stands perfectly upright like this and maintains the proper height. Only downside is probably that it's not utterly amazing from the side, and perhaps too "flat" for some, but hey, it's another option all the same :D 

I don't have my own version of the "arms" so far, but I am toying with keeping the chest like this:

[​IMG]

I'm not in love with it, but I think as is, the chest just feels underwhelming. At least this adds a little more visual bulk.

Edit - After messing with Matt Booker's version of the helicopter arms I got this:

[​IMG]

I like the shoulders, works nicely to add bulk up top like I mentioned before. I'm just not crazy about the actual arms (robutt legs) themselves, they're so tiny and far away from the body, but it'll do for now.

Connected the hands like that on purpose, I wasn't digging it the other way.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Just got mine today. Love it. Overall quality feels better than Superion, too... though the two helicopters' heads are pretty loose. One of the joints in Onslaught's shin piece is so loose it feels like it's been greased... hard to balance him on it, even standing straight up. But it's doable, and he'll have two of his buddies for legs most of the time anyway.

Odd thing, though... only one of my Swindle's feet are painted.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got this guy over the weekend, to complete my "Classics" Combiner set. I'm definitely surprised, and even slightly impressed, at the quality of this set, especially compared to Superion. Whereas in a few areas, Superion's components seem to have loosened up (some floppier balljoints, connections of Energon weapons not as solid) compared to the original Energon release, Bruticus Maximus seems all around better.

Most notable are the hand/foot connections for the Helicopter mold. Stormcloud and Blackout in Energon frustrated me to no end because the weapon attachments kept falling out of their sockets, making Bruticus Maximus exceptionally unstable because he'd keep losing his foot. Swindle and Vortex seem to make out much better. Joints overall seem really tight, almost too much so on Onslaught.

On the flipside, though, although the more muted colour palette is more realistic, it doesn't endear me to the molds as much as the individual Energon figures did. For the most part, they just look really bland. Although, wasn't much a fan of Stormcloud's bright orange. But I really miss Blight's eye-popping yellow and black combo, and Barricade's rich blue scheme. On the other hand, Blast-Off's deco is beautiful, and I really love the shade of purple used on him.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here's how I'm keeping mine until the fansproject limbs come out. the legs use Booker's methd whilst the arms are essentially half way between robot mode and vehicle mode.

[​IMG]

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked this dude up today for the upcoming FP upgrade kit. I noticed mine had one unpainted thigh piece. After looking at all of these photos I can now see they all are missing the paint app.

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it ends up the repurposed the Blast Off from this set into Shattered Glass Blast Off.

So I had to get one.

IMG_20220618_145741245.jpg IMG_20220618_145946187.jpg IMG_20220618_150916790.jpg

I am not sure if this means we can repurpose the rest of the set to Shattered Glass, but why not?